• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Please take note of the information below and pass it along to others who have or work with children. Schools are distributing this book to children through the Scholastic Book Club. The name of the book is "Conversations with God."

James Dobson talked abou t thi s book twice recently. It is

devastating. Parents, churches and Christian schools need to be

aware of it.

Please pay special attention not only to what your kids watch on TV, in movie theaters, on the internet, and the music they listen to, but also be alert regarding the books they read.

Two particular books are, "Conversations with God" and "Conversations with God for Teens" written by Neale D. Walsch. They sound harmless enough by their titles alone. The books have been on the New York Times best sellers list for a number of weeks, and they make truth of the statement, "Don't judge a book by its cover or title."

The author purports to answer various questions asked by kids< STRONG> using the "voice of God". However, the "answers" that he gives are not Bible-based and go against the very infallible word of God. For instance (and I pa rap hrase), when a girl asks the question "Why am I a lesbian?" His answer is that she was 'born that way' because of genetics (just as you were born right-handed, with brown eyes, etc.). Using the voice of God, he tells her to go out and "celebrate" her differences.

Another girls poses the question "I am living with my boyfriend. My parents say that I should marry him because I am living in sin. Should I marry him?"

Using the voice of God, His reply is, "Who are you sinning against? Not me, because you have done nothing wrong."

Another question asks about God's forgiveness of sin. Using the voice of God, his reply "I do not forgive anyone because there is nothing to forgive. There is no such thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged."

Not only are these books the false doctrine of the devil, but in some instances quote (in error) the Word of God.

And the list goes on. These books (and others like it) are being sold to schoolchildren through (The Scholastic Book Club), and we need to be aware of what is being fed to our children.

Our children are under attack! So I pray that you be sober and vigilant about teaching your children the Word of God, and guarding their exposure to worldly mediums, because our adversary, the Devil, roams about as a roaring lion seek ing whom he may devour

(1 Peter 5:8). We know that lions usually hunt for the slowest, weakest and YOUNGEST of its prey.

THE DEVIL ALREADY HAS A GRIP ON OUR TEENAGERS, NOW HE IS GOING AFTER OUR CHILDREN. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. IF THE SCHOLASTIC BOOK CLUB IS IN YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL, SPEAK OUT! WARN OTHER PARENTS, WAGE A CAMPAIGN AGAINST IT ON YOUR P.T.A. AND WITH YOUR SCHOOL BOARD. PRAY FOR THE CHILDREN WHO ALREADY HAVE THESE BOOKS. WE CANNOT NOT SIT IDLY BY.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,950
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

A good 'heads up' there :emot-pray:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

'From book', There is no such thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged."

:emot-pray:

2 Thimothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Wow. I don't even know what to say. How can a book have that title and be so deceptive? :emot-pray:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,677
  • Content Per Day:  5.12
  • Days Won:  258
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

thank you ... :emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I read about these books a few months ago on this blog http://herescope.blogspot.com/

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.18
  • Days Won:  115

I read about these books a few months ago on this blog http://herescope.blogspot.com/

Yes, there are more then one book that makes up the series. There is also a movie on DVD by the same title. I found them in the occult section of the bookstore when I was researching more on New Age. Buyer Beware!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

Thanks to all for the info.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.18
  • Days Won:  115

I agree. I saw more Christian sounding titles in the occult section then I could count! Satan is always trying to really deceive many.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/17/1953

Please take note of the information below and pass it along to others who have or work with children. Schools are distributing this book to children through the Scholastic Book Club. The name of the book is "Conversations with God."

James Dobson talked abou t thi s book twice recently. It is

devastating. Parents, churches and Christian schools need to be

aware of it.

Please pay special attention not only to what your kids watch on TV, in movie theaters, on the internet, and the music they listen to, but also be alert regarding the books they read.

Two particular books are, "Conversations with God" and "Conversations with God for Teens" written by Neale D. Walsch. They sound harmless enough by their titles alone. The books have been on the New York Times best sellers list for a number of weeks, and they make truth of the statement, "Don't judge a book by its cover or title."

The author purports to answer various questions asked by kids< STRONG> using the "voice of God". However, the "answers" that he gives are not Bible-based and go against the very infallible word of God. For instance (and I pa rap hrase), when a girl asks the question "Why am I a lesbian?" His answer is that she was 'born that way' because of genetics (just as you were born right-handed, with brown eyes, etc.). Using the voice of God, he tells her to go out and "celebrate" her differences.

Another girls poses the question "I am living with my boyfriend. My parents say that I should marry him because I am living in sin. Should I marry him?"

Using the voice of God, His reply is, "Who are you sinning against? Not me, because you have done nothing wrong."

Another question asks about God's forgiveness of sin. Using the voice of God, his reply "I do not forgive anyone because there is nothing to forgive. There is no such thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged."

Not only are these books the false doctrine of the devil, but in some instances quote (in error) the Word of God.

And the list goes on. These books (and others like it) are being sold to schoolchildren through (The Scholastic Book Club), and we need to be aware of what is being fed to our children.

Our children are under attack! So I pray that you be sober and vigilant about teaching your children the Word of God, and guarding their exposure to worldly mediums, because our adversary, the Devil, roams about as a roaring lion seek ing whom he may devour

(1 Peter 5:8). We know that lions usually hunt for the slowest, weakest and YOUNGEST of its prey.

THE DEVIL ALREADY HAS A GRIP ON OUR TEENAGERS, NOW HE IS GOING AFTER OUR CHILDREN. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. IF THE SCHOLASTIC BOOK CLUB IS IN YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL, SPEAK OUT! WARN OTHER PARENTS, WAGE A CAMPAIGN AGAINST IT ON YOUR P.T.A. AND WITH YOUR SCHOOL BOARD. PRAY FOR THE CHILDREN WHO ALREADY HAVE THESE BOOKS. WE CANNOT NOT SIT IDLY BY.

Our children have been under attack for many years now, buti the advesary is getting much more forcefull as his time is knowingly running out. :emot-hug: