• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I'm having great trouble understanding the Whirling Wheels... why do they follow the Cherubim. What is their significance? What are they? Is it symbolic of the constant works of God or something else?

Ezekiel 10-11:25 (New Living Translation)

1 In my vision I saw what appeared to be a throne of blue lapis lazuli above the crystal surface over the heads of the cherubim. 2 Then the Lord spoke to the man in linen clothing and said, “Go between the whirling wheels beneath the cherubim, and take a handful of burning coals and scatter them over the city.” He did this as I watched.

3 The cherubim were standing at the south end of the Temple when the man went in, and the cloud of glory filled the inner courtyard. 4 Then the glory of the Lord rose up from above the cherubim and went over to the door of the Temple. The Temple was filled with this cloud of glory, and the courtyard glowed brightly with the glory of the Lord. 5 The moving wings of the cherubim sounded like the voice of God Almighty[a] and could be heard even in the outer courtyard.

6 The Lord said to the man in linen clothing, “Go between the cherubim and take some burning coals from between the wheels.” So the man went in and stood beside one of the wheels. 7 Then one of the cherubim reached out his hand and took some live coals from the fire burning among them. He put the coals into the hands of the man in linen clothing, and the man took them and went out. 8 (All the cherubim had what looked like human hands under their wings.)

9 I looked, and each of the four cherubim had a wheel beside him, and the wheels sparkled like beryl. 10 All four wheels looked alike and were made the same; each wheel had a second wheel turning crosswise within it. 11 The cherubim could move in any of the four directions they faced, without turning as they moved. They went straight in the direction they faced, never turning aside. 12 Both the cherubim and the wheels were covered with eyes. The cherubim had eyes all over their bodies, including their hands, their backs, and their wings. 13 I heard someone refer to the wheels as “the whirling wheels.” 14 Each of the four cherubim had four faces: the first was the face of an ox, the second was a human face, the third was the face of a lion, and the fourth was the face of an eagle.

15 Then the cherubim rose upward. These were the same living beings I had seen beside the Kebar River. 16 When the cherubim moved, the wheels moved with them. When they lifted their wings to fly, the wheels stayed beside them. 17 When the cherubim stopped, the wheels stopped. When they flew upward, the wheels rose up, for the spirit of the living beings was in the wheels.

18 Then the glory of the Lord moved out from the door of the Temple and hovered above the cherubim. 19 And as I watched, the cherubim flew with their wheels to the east gate of the Lord’s Temple. And the glory of the God of Israel hovered above them.

20 These were the same living beings I had seen beneath the God of Israel when I was by the Kebar River. I knew they were cherubim, 21 for each had four faces and four wings and what looked like human hands under their wings. 22 And their faces were just like the faces of the beings I had seen at the Kebar, and they traveled straight ahead, just as the others had.

^bump

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/18/1966

Ok blien

I may be way off. But verse 8 said they have the hand of man under their wings. verse 16 talks about them lifting off of the earth.

My best guess is he was trieing his best to descibe an airplane.

My second guess is verse 14 being the different faces that like daniel, he had a vision of world governments.

My third guess is combine the two, airplanes in a wars, with the goverments either at war with each other, or an alieace between the four.

?????? ;)

Thats just my guess, I will have to pray and study this further. Your thoughts on mine thoughts??

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/18/1966

Eze 9:8 And it happened as they were slaying them, and I remained, then I fell on my face and cried, and said, Ah Lord Jehovah! Will You destroy all the remnant of Israel in Your pouring out of Your fury on Jerusalem?

Eze 9:9 And He said to me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is great, and the land is full of blood, and the city is full of perversity. For they say, Jehovah has forsaken the land; and, Jehovah does not see.

Eze 9:10 And even I, My eye shall not spare, nor will I have pity, but I will put their way on their head.

Eze 9:11 And behold, the man clothed with linen, with the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as You have commanded me.[/quote]

This could be the nations in the end time gathered to destroy Isreal in the last battle. This is the chapter before he sees the wheeled cheribums.

When the cherubim stopped, the wheels stopped. When they flew upward, the wheels rose up, for the spirit of the living beings was in the wheels.

notice he said living beings, not angels, or cheribums...

What do you think???

Is it a prophecy of the future? I thought it was concerning the times of when it was written? I really don't know what it means.. but I doubt its the whirling wheels of a Jet Engine or something... why would they follow the Cherubim? Even the way they move it doesn't make sense to be a airplane or even something like a harrier jet.

Notice also the Whirling Wheels had eyes all over it..

Wow maybe you are right... listen to this!

---------------

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels... When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. (1:19-20, 24,) (New International Version)

Notice that the "spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels." In other words, the main purpose or function of the creatures was in the wheels; which exemplifies modern transportation. These creatures symbolically represent every form of modern vehicle. The eagle represents airplanes, the ox represents strong vehicles like trucks and tractors, the lion represents military vehicles, the man represents the people who will operate those vehicles. The great noise they make like an "army," are the internal combustion engines.

WHEELS

I believe the King James gives a more accurate description of the wheels:

...all four had the same likeness. The appearance of their works was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel. (KJV)

The New American Standard translation says, "being as if one wheel were within another." This is exactly the way the wheels are on your automobile! The tire is on the outside and the metal rim is on the inside. The eyes on the wheels could represent the fact that automobiles are manufactured by people, and for people. But another possible meaning is the lug-nuts that hold the wheels on, and the many bolts, nuts, and rivets that are used in the making of autos and planes. Notice also that the wheels "sparkeled like chrysolite," which could refer to chrome.

http://www.bibleprophecyrevealed.us/main/ezekiel.html

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Good luck.

It was a mystical experience, and airplanes are not 'living.'

Ezekiel said the spirit of the living beings was inside them, could explain as humans operating the machines. How could he explain what helicopters and other sort of machines were at the time of oxen and goats?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Hi,

You should go back and read Ezekiel 1 to add to what you have already read in chapter 10 and with careful study one will find they are not airplanes.

The interpretation you seek is found in.........Ezekiel 10:20--"This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river of Chebar; and I knew that they were the "cherubims"

The living creature you have been reading about are the two "cherubims" that covereth.

You can also see these in heavenly worship in the book of Revelation 4 (esp vs. 7-9)

You can read of the seraphims also in Isaiah 6:1-4

blessings

OC

I was asking about the Wheels and their relation to the Cherubim. I know what Cherubim are this is just the first time I've seen them with the "Whirling Wheels".. I don't think the wheels are mentioned anywhere else in the Bible. So based on how he [Ezekiel] is describing them, they seem to be describing Airplanes and other motorized vechiles.

Deciphering the indecipherable.

According to commentary, the lion with eagle