• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Let's assume you saw God today. Describe HIM to the best of your ability to include appearance, both personal and inner appearance.....If this makes any sense to you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.86
  • Content Count:  43,840
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  58

I cant.

I know He is so much more than I can imagine. He is light, shining glory, someone who will fill my senses with unimaginable things when I see Him. including a love and peace that will overwhelm me. I cant imagine seeing Him and not falling on the ground before Him, humbled, awed, tearful, speechless.

I fear for those who are not saved.

Let's assume you saw God today. Describe HIM to the best of your ability to include appearance, both personal and inner appearance.....If this makes any sense to you.
:emot-handshake:

:emot-highfive:

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 1:14-18

:24:

Isn't He Wonderful!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

Isn't He!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

:emot-handshake:

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Isn't He Wonderful!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isn't He!

Fresno Joe - your posts are always a delight - a beautiful, spirit-filled experience to read - thank you :emot-highfive:

When I imagine God, i just see light. Beautiful light. For me, it's all my human mind can comprehend.

I cant.

I know He is so much more than I can imagine. He is light, shining glory, someone who will fill my senses with unimaginable things when I see Him. including a love and peace that will overwhelm me. I cant imagine seeing Him and not falling on the ground before Him, humbled, awed, tearful, speechless.

Cajunboy:::whistling::I fear for those who are not saved.) I fear even more for those who "think" they are saved.......and are not!

• Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

I cant.

I agree...Ican't describe Him...He is so much more than I can imagine

:wub:

:whistling:

:laugh:

Isn't He Wonderful!

Isn't He!

Cajunboy::::I was hoping that you might give your "vision" of HIM Joe? Have you ever "envisioned" HIM in your mind and heart?

I would like to hear in your own mind/words that describe your walk/ideas of HIM! please?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.54

:wub:

:whistling:

:laugh:

Isn't He Wonderful!

Isn't He!

Cajunboy::::I was hoping that you might give your "vision" of HIM Joe? Have you ever "envisioned" HIM in your mind and heart?

I would like to hear in your own mind/words that describe your walk/ideas of HIM! please?

You mean "physical attributes"?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Revelation had a nice image of what Jesus looks like, from John's perspective. When I've tried to imagine what He looks like I used that image, but without the sword-tongue and I don't try adding a face, I leave it blank, out of respect. I don't presume to imagine how beautiful He is until I see Him one day. When I pray, I'm not thinking of an image, though, or when I speak to Him. I believe there's a reason people fall on their face before Him when they meet Him face to face. How can our words or even minds begin to describe His glory?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

As I'm reading your question, I am reminded of the account in Exodus 33:12-23., and especially verse 20, where God says:

"You cannot see my face, for no man shall see Me, and live."

The only way I can describe Him is pure glory in it's most intense form, with an enormous presence of indescribable love, and immense power.

I would be hard-pressed to describe Him physically, as the Scriptures state that "no man shall see Him and live," so I couldn't even imagine what He would look like.