• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

NONE are ever documented and confirmed.

So you are basically calling the testimony of these people a liar? :thumbsup:

Mistaken, not liars. If they genuinely think Robertson has healed them they aren't lying about it.

sw

• Group:  Diamond Member

Perhaps the healing was genuine as a natural function and had nothing to do with Robertson's vague promises. That is more plausible. If he's real, why not do something like heal the blind or the crippled through his show? Headaches and rashes generally go away anyway.

sw

Testimonies of healings from crippling illnesses come in all the time as a result of the 700 Club. Again, I would have to disagree with your conclusions.

And exactly how do you know this? I would like documentation and confirmation from you that there is no documentation and confirmation, lol! Seriously, worm, you do come across as a fly in the ointment at times. Let loose a little and enjoy the life God has given you.

Sorry Ronald, but I enjoy life more when I am not being duped by phony healers who require tons of money to keep their TV programs on the air.

sw

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Robertson makes a bunch of vague and general comments like this about people with headaches, rashes, back pain and the like. It could fit several thousand of his listeners and they all think its specifically intended for them. If it was real he could at least use first names and locations instead of what he says. I guess its a good fund raiser.

sw

The problem with that answer is that there are testimonies of instantaneous healings from all across the country after these words of knowledge are given. I have no reason to doubt the testomony of cjrose that the healing was genuine.

Perhaps the healing was genuine as a natural function and had nothing to do with Robertson's vague promises. That is more plausible. If he's real, why not do something like heal the blind or the crippled through his show? Headaches and rashes generally go away anyway.

sw

Are you even a Christian sw? because you seem to be defying what we are discerning of the Holy Spirit. And Worm makes me think of C.S. Lewis's book the screwtape letters :thumbsup:

Do you question my faith because I disagree with your conclusions about Robertson and other "faith healers"? While I may disagree with you on this I would not question your faith. I note you did not address my points but instead chose to attack my status as a believer. Isn't that what Benny Hinn does claiming those who challenge him are questioning "God's annointed" and the Holy Spirit? Very sad.

sw

I questioned your faith becasue you seem to have shot down my own personal belief which makes me believe that you were questioning my faith in the beginining. And as to addressing our points, I choose to believe that pat was being used as a vessel. You started this by trivializing my genuine experience as if it were nothing but mere chance. I do not believe in coincidences or accidents. And had you not made my post out to sound as if it meant nothing, it meant something to me and put me on the defensive. I have to ask why do people purposely seek out out not to share our uplifting experiences but to again I say trivialize them? Are you so insecure in your status as a believer that you would have to question me questioning you?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

sw

Testimonies of healings from crippling illnesses come in all the time as a result of the 700 Club. Again, I would have to disagree with your conclusions.

And exactly how do you know this? I would like documentation and confirmation from you that there is no documentation and confirmation, lol! Seriously, worm, you do come across as a fly in the ointment at times. Let loose a little and enjoy the life God has given you.

Sorry Ronald, but I enjoy life more when I am not being duped by phony healers who require tons of money to keep their TV programs on the air.

sw

I would be cautious in saying someone is a phony. While Pat might be questionable on some things, that does not make him a phony.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

sw

That's a lie, for sure.

So you are basically calling the testimony of these people a liar? :noidea:

Mistaken, not liars. If they genuinely think Robertson has healed them they aren't lying about it.

sw

AS IF! Pat robertson doesn't heal--He is an instrument by which the Holy Spirit heals. Get that?

Robertson makes a bunch of vague and general comments like this about people with headaches, rashes, back pain and the like. It could fit several thousand of his listeners and they all think its specifically intended for them. If it was real he could at least use first names and locations instead of what he says. I guess its a good fund raiser.

sw

The problem with that answer is that there are testimonies of instantaneous healings from all across the country after these words of knowledge are given. I have no reason to doubt the testomony of cjrose that the healing was genuine.

sw

Are you even a Christian sw? because you seem to be defying what we are discerning of the Holy Spirit. And Worm makes me think of C.S. Lewis's book the screwtape letters :noidea:

Do you question my faith because I disagree with your conclusions about Robertson and other "faith healers"? While I may disagree with you on this I would not question your faith. I note you did not address my points but instead chose to attack my status as a believer. Isn't that what Benny Hinn does claiming those who challenge him are questioning "God's annointed" and the Holy Spirit? Very sad.

sw

I questioned your faith becasue you seem to have shot down my own personal belief which makes me believe that you were questioning my faith in the beginining. And as to addressing our points, I choose to believe that pat was being used as a vessel. You started this by trivializing my genuine experience as if it were nothing but mere chance. I do not believe in coincidences or accidents. And had you not made my post out to sound as if it meant nothing, it meant something to me and put me on the defensive. I have to ask why do people purposely seek out out not to share our uplifting experiences but to again I say trivialize them? Are you so insecure in your status as a believer that you would have to question me questioning you?

I do not believe in chance either. God certainly is in control of everything. As I noted, Robertson makes general and vague healings about "the woman in a red dress and people with back aches". Nearly every ailment he names has a good chance to be healed apart from his participation in it. Its an old snake oil trick. Rather than humor people who believe Robertson I believe I am obligated to bring some reality to the situation. You don't like having your views challenged? So be it but you have no right to question my status as a believer.

sw

So you are basically calling the testimony of these people a liar? :noidea:

sw

AS IF! Pat robertson doesn't heal--He is an instrument by which the Holy Spirit heals. Get that?

Semantics. Why does Robertson even have to make his "healing" prayers on the air? Wouldn't they be just as effective without the showmanship involving television?

sw

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Have you actually watched him, Worm? I've heard him do more than generalities of small things that will go away! I've heard him have words of knowledge on cancer and many other things as well.

Obviously these things are spiritually discerned. I discern Pat Robertson as a true man of God who is open before the God He serves and God has blessed Him with an abundance of the Holy Spirit's working that we can only dream about!

Love ya, cjrose! :noidea: