• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  4,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.63
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

6 hours ago, Sower said:

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word I heard from that old preacher drew/quickened me. The Word is God.

Yes!  The living word, as a seed, gets sown into us and produces the believing faith!

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.67
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  9.44
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not sure what you want to say and you say it repeatedly "faith and trust".

And why can't you just say faith in Jesus Christ. 

What trust has to do with that? Is it to add to the faith?

Because the scriptures say faith without trust.

Believe in Jesus Christ. There is not trust involved at all.

And why is that? Because he has already died for the forgiveness of our sins and he was raised from the dead and his body is not earthly anymore to be subjected to growth and decay. 

And he ascended up to Heaven. And the Heavenly Father gave him the Kingdom and made him Lord of Lords. Higher above every other power. This is why we say "Every knee shall bow down to him". 

Everything has taken place nothing to trust that needs to take place. 

faithvstrust.png.c2b19b52bb2928b1f6650cf60157c6fd.png

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,075
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  37

16 hours ago, Annisissy said:

No I am not a new Christian. Let's just say that I am not one of God's easier children to deal with. Even though I do think that I am starting to grow up, it has been a very long process. God has definitely had His hands full. I have been quite rebellious. I have definitely received my share of spankings from Him, and let me tell you, spankings from God is no fun. I have been and still am, A WORK IN PROGRES🤔

Hi @Annisissy I've remembered another verse:

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." (2 Peter 3.18)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8,305
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Annisissy said:

faithvstrust.png.c2b19b52bb2928b1f6650cf60157c6fd.png

Thank you. But think in a simple way when we believe about Jesus Christ it does include some elements of trust when as believers we asking him for his help. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  8,075
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  37

22 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you. But think in a simple way when we believe about Jesus Christ it does include some elements of trust when as believers we asking him for his help. 

@Your closest friendnt Proverbs 3.5-6 relates to faith, generally, imho.........

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHAT  DOES  GOD  --DEFINE--  AS  FAITH 

GALATIANS 3:6  even as Abraham believed  GOD  and it was accounted to him for righteousness 

--3:7-- know you therefore that they which are of faith the same are the children of Abraham

ROMANS 3:22  even the righteousness of  GOD  which is by faith of  JESUS  CHRIST  unto all and upon all them that believe for there is no difference

ROMANS 1:18  for the wrath of  GOD  is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who hold the truth in unrighteousness 

ACTS 13:26  men and brethren children of the stock of Abraham and whosoever among you feareth  GOD  to you is the word of this salvation sent 

JAMES 2:23  and the scripture was fulfilled which saith Abraham believed  GOD  and it was imputed unto him for righteousness and he was called the friend of  GOD

JOHN 15:13  greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends 

--15:14--  you are  MY  friends if you do whatsoever I command you 

MATTHEW 16:25  for whosoever will save his life shall lose it and whosoever will lose his life for  MY  sake shall find it

GENESIS 26:5  because that Abraham obeyed  MY  voice and kept  MY  charge  MY  commandments  MY  statutes and  MY  laws 

JOHN 14:15  IF  YOU  LOVE  ME  KEEP  MY  COMMANDMENTS 

1 THESSALONIANS 1:3  remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labor of love and patience of hope in our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  in the sight of  GOD  and our  FATHER 

ROMANS 16:26  but now is made manifest and by the scriptures of the prophets according to the commandment of the everlasting  GOD  made known to all nations for the obedience of faith 

ACTS 27:25  wherefore sirs be of good cheer for I believe  GOD  that it shall be even as it was told me 

1 THESSALONIANS 2:13  for this cause also thank we  GOD  without ceasing because when you received the word of  GOD  which you heard of us you received it not as the word of men but as it is in truth the word of  GOD  which effectually worketh also in you that believe

ROMANS 1:5  by whom we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for his name 

2 TIMOTHY 1:13  hold fast the form of sound words which thou hast heard of me in faith and love which is in  CHRIST  JESUS

ROMANS 5:2  by whom also we have access by faith into  HIS  grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of  GOD

TITUS 2:11  for the grace of  GOD  that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men 

--2:12--  teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly righteously and godly in this present world 

HEBREWS 11:8  by faith Abraham when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance obeyed and he went out not knowing whither he went 

--1:9-- by faith he sojourned in the land of promise as in a strange country dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob the heirs with him of the same promise 

GENESIS 18:18  seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation and all nations of the earth shall be blessed in him 

--18:19--  for I know him that he will command his children and his household after him and they shall keep the way of  THE  LORD  to do justice and judgment that  THE  LORD  may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him 

PSALM 107:21  oh that men would praise  THE  LORD  for  HIS  goodness and for  HIS  wonderful works to the children of men 

PSALM 33:4  for the word of  THE  LORD  is right and all  HIS  works are done in truth 

TITUS 3:8  this is a faithful saying and these things I will that thou affirm constantly that they which have believed in  GOD  might be careful to maintain good works these things are good and profitable unto men 

MARK 10:18  and  JESUS  said unto him why callest thou  ME  good  there is none good but one that is  GOD

EPHESIANS 2:9  not of works lest any man should boast 

PSALM 94:4  how long shall they utter and speak hard things and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves 

PSALM 10:3  for the wicked boasteth of his hearts desire and blesseth the covetous whom  THE  LORD  abhorreth 

PSALM 119:36  incline my heart unto thy testimonies and not to covetousness 

EZEKIEL 33:31  and they come unto thee as the people cometh and they sit before thee as  MY  people and they hear thy words but they will not do them for with their mouth they show much love but their heart goeth after their covetousness

JOHN 8:39  they answered and said unto  HIM  Abraham is our father  JESUS  saith unto them  if you were Abrahams children you would do the works of Abraham 

GENESIS 26:5  because that Abraham obeyed  MY  voice and kept  MY  charge  MY  commandments  MY  statutes and  MY  laws 

MARK 7:7  howbeit in vain they do worship  ME  teaching for doctrines the commandments of men 

COLOSSIANS 2:22  which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men 

ISAIAH 32:6  for the vile person will speak villainy and his heart will work iniquity to practice hypocrisy and to utter error against  THE  LORD  to make empty the soul of the hungry and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,395
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 10/2/2024 at 10:41 AM, Mr. M said:

The one element of the faith of Jesus that is often

overlooked is an innate desire to please Him.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, 

for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that 

He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

John 8:29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, 

for I always do those things that please Him.

1 John 3:

21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 

22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments

and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 

Psalm 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

I am cautiously suspicious of anyone who claims to be a born again Christian

and baptized in the Holy Spirit, while showing little interest in serving Christ.

This simply does not track with the true faith of Christ.

Luke 1:

74 To grant us that we,
Being delivered from the hand of our enemies,
Might serve Him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.

Ooh I like this. A faith preacher said almost the same thing yet add might even question are they saved. 

As for the OP.. Faith.. substance of things hopped for the evidence of things not seen. Verse pops up "Without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to him, for he who comes to God must believe that he exists, and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him.". Do we notice whats here? A rewarder of them that seek Him hmm. 

So been here what a tad over 63 years and taking in everything that all believers have said.. I get stuck right at "GOD". A word that does not even begin to describe Him. For me a word that really has no meaning. For me it started by someone telling me about Him which at some point He reveals Himself to me and yet its like a door that is starting to open and all you see is a sliver of light coming through that you know there is so much power and glory behind it and any more and you would just vanish.. 

The song comes to mind by.. whats her name.. yeah Addison Road. Heres some.. love this song. 

I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?

What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
So what do I know? What do I know of Holy?

I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees

What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?
And a God who gave life it's name?
What do I know of Holy?
Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name
On earth and heaven above
What do I know of this love?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  1.28

Faith is an assured outcome, produced by the action of one who is empowered and inspired by the Holy Spirit and steps out to bring worship and praises and glory to Jesus. The Book of Acts for example and all the miracles, signs and wonders that Glorifies Jesus by those empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Faith is not a word defined by many different opinions. Faith is an act defined by the Holy Spirit. It is a law; for example: “without faith, one can not please God”. If everyone gets to define what faith means to them, how would we know which one pleases God?

Also, faith has a crown. The crown of faith is righteousness. “Abraham's faith was reckoned unto him as righteousness”.

Only the righteous enter into the kingdom of heaven, and only Jesus will be the judge of that, not the various opinions of multitudes.

The bible promises that if we do not conform to this world, but become transformed by the renewing of our mind, we will receive what we ask...the mind of Christ. Believe it by faith, and receive it through acting on it and you will have all the assurance you need to overcome this world. It's all in there.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1,125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.39
  • Content Count:  15,494
  • Content Per Day:  5.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/4/2024 at 8:55 AM, Vine Abider said:

Yes!  The living word, as a seed, gets sown into us and produces the believing faith!

Or vice versa. Faith of Jesus is the seed of understanding  planted  by the Holy Spirit to bring about understanding of the word of God.

For without the Holy Spirit's indwelling an individual the word of God is just so many words, words on a page read without comprehension by the mind,  without acceptance by the heart and without application  for the spirit/soul.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  934
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/1/2024 at 6:28 PM, missmuffet said:

What is faith in God?

Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Colossians 1:15 (KJV)
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

God exists beyond our ability to detect him with our five senses or our mechanical devices. Atheists claim that this is proof God does not exist. But there is evidence in life, circumstances, and for the existence of all things which prove God exists.

Granting the Big Bang model, those who believe in only physics are hard pressed to answer "What caused the Big Bang?" By their own admission, the laws of physics (law of cause and effect specifically) demand that you cannot have an effect without a cause. This is the point where atheists expose their [faith] in atheism by refusing to face the facts that in a universe that cannot be eternal (according to the 2nd LAW of thermodynamics) and nothing in it can come into existence from nothing (according to the 1st LAW of thermodynamics) only something or someone that transcends physics who is eternal could supernaturally create all things from nothing at will.

They refuse to believe the truth and put their faith in theories and when need be just bury their heads in the sand.

So faith in God is not without evidence.

It also has to do with an element of the human psyche. God placed in the hearts of man an awareness of God... a need for God... the Christ shaped hole in the soul as some refer to it.

Many try to fill that void with sex, drugs, self interests, or the pursuit of other religious beliefs than what God revealed about himself to the world through the Judeo-Christian Bible. Man is prone to rebel against God and goodness because man fell into evil. That which plagues us until death.

You want to gain the most from God's Word about God and his will for us, then seek his side of the story in scripture... let him tell you what he means using this formula as key to unlocking the scriptures:

2 Peter 1:20-21 (the Holy Spirit alone interprets the scriptures he wrote)

1 John 4:1 / 1 Thessalonians 5:21 (test the spirits to be certain the Holy Spirit is the one instructing you as we are gullible to deception by false spirits)

Acts 17:11 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (the scriptures themselves are what you test all things by)

Proverbs 25:2 / Deuteronomy 29:29 (then you will gain access to the intent of scriptures and any underlying super text / overall context most have missed)

Isaiah 28:9-13 (the method of God's revelation and teaching)

And you will not only have faith in a God that exists, but a true faith in the true God in the way that he requires for us to have a saving faith in namely Christ Jesus God's Son who is himself God incarnate according to the scriptures (which are truth John 17:17) and the Holy Spirit (who is the one who leads us to all truth John 16:13).