What is faith in God?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Amplified Bible translates faith as... to trust in, to rely upon, to cling to. 

• Well Said! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  2,051
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  49,333
  • Content Per Day:  11.51
  • Days Won:  228

31 minutes ago, Ausie 52 said:

I think the Amplified Bible translates faith as... to trust in, to rely upon, to cling to. 

That is good :thumbup:It is a genuine true faith in God. Trust in God must be based on the genuine God in the Bible. The God in the Bible is a triune God, so true faith in God must include the Holy Trinity. The Father,Son and Holy Spirit. There is a difference in having a knowledge of God and having a true understanding of the true God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1,125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.39
  • Content Count:  15,496
  • Content Per Day:  5.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What is faith in God?

For me it is the faith of Jesus.

That faith revealed through the Holy Spirit.

One does not need knowledge of a trinity, in fact does not know, until after the Holy Spirit makes it possible to comprehend the word of God, and with that the nature of God.  

One is as fully  a "true" Christian the moment  the Holy Spirit turns about an undividual from sin against God to worship of Him as they will later be if they become rival to "the Bible man" and can recite whole books of the Bible in English (KJV of course).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

For me it is the faith of Jesus.

That faith revealed through the Holy Spirit.

One does not need knowledge of a trinity, in fact does not know, until after the Holy Spirit makes it possible to comprehend the word of God, and with that the nature of God.  

One is as fully  a "true" Christian the moment  the Holy Spirit turns about an undividual from sin against God to worship of Him as they will later be if they become rival to "the Bible man" and can recite whole books of the Bible in English (KJV of course).

The Holy Trinity is hard to understand for most Christians although it is a very important part of who God is.

• Topic Count:  102
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  43,879
  • Content Per Day:  8.25
  • Days Won:  78
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Actually, it is our beginning of which God does not have... yet what gave us being is of Him (Spirit) that has no beginning... When Adam became a soul by God's infusion of breath we became that which never has became in a created nursery of coddling by God of sorts. God says no one can see His Face and live and since God is Spirit there exist no form but the infinite process of being without end and coming into that reality would not be survivable to us in our beginning nursery of begin...

Adam in his opening consciousness would have nothing but question in absolute everything in his sensual learning grid of began. The communicated answers would only come from one source 'God's Word' and whether God gave form to that Word or not would not have been necessarily necessary due to the fact everything was new and to be learned (he would not know difference of voice without form or voice with form). In this innocence of begin God's Word was the only answer to the questions that would be forthcoming in Adams growth of understanding from absolute begin... This is the bridge of faith and it connects that which 'IS' Spiritual to that which began and was the means by which God fed both material exist and spiritual exist within the being of Adam. If you could remove all lie and have only truth you would have pure faith generated by God's Word in the beginning with Adam... God simply says it like this:

John 1:1 (KJV)

[Jn 1:1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

the key is to return to this reality s/Spiritually but without body or world unredeemed by God... thus

Hebrews 11:3 (KJV)

[3] Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

and the only way we can have this realty as in the beginning without doubt is to come to Jesus for Spiritual regeneration wherein lies the capacity to once again exist also in s/Spirit... The necessity is simple said like this

Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

As all of the entirety of this creation will be removed even the memory of... for what is the value of lie really? Satan became nothing when he emptied himself of God and filled that void with lie... this is why the natural man has no hope of God for he holds no capacity to make God's Word more substantial than this life of begin and the lies that fill it...

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WOLVES  STILL  DULL  OF  HEARING

PROVERBS 30:6  add thou not unto  HIS  words lest  HE  reprove thee and thou be found a liar 

PROVERBS 15:10  correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way and he that hateth reproof shall die 

PROVERBS 8:14  counsel is mine and sound wisdom I am understanding I have strength

2 TIMOTHY 2:7   consider what I say and  THE  LORD  give thee understanding in all things 

PROVERBS 21:16  the man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead 

2 JOHN  1:9  whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine of christ  ---hath not  GOd  he that abideth in the doctrine of  CHRIST  he hath both  THE  FATHER  and  THE  SON

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if any man teach otherwise and consent not to wholesome words even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  and to the doctrine which is according to godliness 

--6:4--  he is proud knowing nothing but doting about questions and strifes of words whereof cometh envy strife railings evil surmisings

1 JOHN 2:28  and now little children abide in  HIM  that when  HE  shall appear we may have confidence and not be ashamed before  HIM  at  HIS  coming 

LUKE 21:36  watch you therefore and pray always that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before  THE  SON  OF  MAN

1 THESSALONIANS 3:8  for now we live  ---if you stand fast in  THE  LORD---

1 PETER 2:21  for even hereunto were you called because  CHRIST  also suffered for us leaving us an example that you should follow  HIS  steps 

1 JOHN 2:6  he that saith he abideth in  HIM  ought himself also to walk as  HE  walked 

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1  be you followers of me even as I also am of  CHRIST 

ACTS 1:1  the former treatise have I made o theophilus of all that  JESUS  began both to do and to teach 

--1:2--  until the day in which  HE  was taken up after that  HE  through the holy spirit had given commandments unto the apostles whom  HE  had chosen

*******  JOHN 12:48  he that rejecteth  ME  and receiveth not  MY  words hath one that judgeth him the word that I have spoken the same shall judge him in the last day. *******

--12:49--  for I have not spoken of myself but  --THE  FATHER--  which sent  ME  --HE--  gave  ME  a commandment what I should say and what I should speak 

--12:50--  and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting whatsoever  I  SPEAK  therefore even as  THE  FATHER  said unto  ME  so I speak

ROMANS 14:17  for the kingdom of  GOD  is not meat and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the holy spirit

JEREMIAH 15:16  thy words were found and I did eat them and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart for I am called by thy name  O LORD  GOD  of hosts 

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life

PSALM 119:154  plead my cause and deliver me quicken me according to thy word  

JOHN 3:34  for  HE  whom  GOD  hath sent speaketh the words of  GOD  for  GOD  giveth not the spirit by measure unto  HIM

1 CORINTHIANS 10:3  and did all eat the same spiritual meat 

--10:4--  and did all drink the same spiritual drink for they drank of that spiritual rock that followed them ---AND  THAT  ROCK  WAS  CHRIST---

1 CORINTHIANS 15:45  and so it is written the first man Adam was made a living soul the last Adam was made a quickening spirit 

--15:46-- howbeit that was not first which is spiritual but that which is natural and afterward that which is spiritual 

--15:47--  the first man is of the earth earthy the second man is  THE  LORD  from heaven

*******  1 JOHN 5:10  he that believeth on  THE  SON  OF  GOD  hath the witness in himself he that ---believeth not  GOD  hath made  HIM  a liar---  because he believeth not the record that  GOD  gave of  HIS  SON  *******

ACTS 20:29  for I know this that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you not sparing the flock 

--20:30--  also of your own selves shall men arise speaking perverse things to draw away disciples after them 

ACTS 28:27  for the heart of this people is waxed gross and their ears are dull of hearing and their eyes have they closed lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and should be converted and I should heal them

PHILIPPIANS 3:17  BRETHREN  BE  FOLLOWERS  TOGETHER  OF  ME  AND  MARK  THEM  WHICH  WALK  SO  AS  YOU  HAVE  US  FOR  AN  EXAMPLE 

AGAIN  ---  1 JOHN 5:10  he that believeth on  THE  SON  OF  GOD  hath the witness in himself he that believeth not  GOD  hath made  HIM  a liar because he believeth not the record that  HE  gave of  HIS  SON

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  4,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.63
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What is faith in God?

Some good answers here!  I've come to see faith as basically synonymous with belief and trust.  And, as @Neighbor pointed out, it is the "faith of Jesus" which several places indicate He puts into us.  That is, the believing is not even of ourselves, it is a gift.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1,125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.39
  • Content Count:  15,496
  • Content Per Day:  5.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just now, Vine Abider said:

That is, the believing is not even of ourselves, it is a gift.

Amen, and Praise God!

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Actually, it is our beginning of which God does not have... yet what gave us being is of Him (Spirit) that has no beginning... When Adam became a soul by God's infusion of breath we became that which never has became in a created nursery of coddling by God of sorts. God says no one can see His Face and live and since God is Spirit there exist no form but the infinite process of being without end and coming into that reality would not be survivable to us in our beginning nursery of begin...

Adam in his opening consciousness would have nothing but question in absolute everything in his sensual learning grid of began. The communicated answers would only come from one source 'God's Word' and whether God gave form to that Word or not would not have been necessarily necessary due to the fact everything was new and to be learned (he would not know difference of voice without form or voice with form). In this innocence of begin God's Word was the only answer to the questions that would be forthcoming in Adams growth of understanding from absolute begin... This is the bridge of faith and it connects that which 'IS' Spiritual to that which began and was the means by which God fed both material exist and spiritual exist within the being of Adam. If you could remove all lie and have only truth you would have pure faith generated by God's Word in the beginning with Adam... God simply says it like this:

John 1:1 (KJV)

[Jn 1:1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

the key is to return to this reality s/Spiritually but without body or world unredeemed by God... thus

Hebrews 11:3 (KJV)

[3] Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

and the only way we can have this realty as in the beginning without doubt is to come to Jesus for Spiritual regeneration wherein lies the capacity to once again exist also in s/Spirit... The necessity is simple said like this

Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

As all of the entirety of this creation will be removed even the memory of... for what is the value of lie really? Satan became nothing when he emptied himself of God and filled that void with lie... this is why the natural man has no hope of God for he holds no capacity to make God's Word more substantial than this life of begin and the lies that fill it...

Heavy stuff but true.