• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, phoneman-777 said:
22 hours ago, Sower said:

"Change my mind"

No way could I do that.  

So, you admit y0u subscribe to a belief system that is disproven by Matthew 24:12-13 KJV? Then, why continue in it?

You must have witnessed to the lost or those who are caught into a false religion in the past who are entrenched in their mind of their beliefs. I believe it takes the holy spirit to deal with certain of the blind, so I can only share the light of the word.

I think the same about you as you do about me. No way would I try anymore to pry your belief from what you have exhibited here. I was also convinced like you for so many years and it took the word and the holy spirit to change my belief. Forty plus yrs ago.

Bottom line after trying I see no response to my posts of what I said so I do not care concerning trying to make it clear to you my understanding. I am responsible to be a good steward of what I do know.  Dealing with calvinist believing it is already been decided so no free will, or those that believe like you, it just doesn't matter so much anymore. My part in the body of Christ is made secure by my faith in my saviors words, and not a forum debate.

At my age I am trying to focus on whats important. Sharing the gospel, the light of the good news to those who are still in darkness. Getting caught up in forum debate sometimes, to me, is only a distraction from my/our call to get as many as possible to to an understanding of a persons eternal future. Sowing seed. And how they can understand how God has made it possible for them to have the secure knowledge of God's good news.              Got any input on sowing seed?....:)

19 hours ago, phoneman-777 said:

We need to understand

Amen!!

Thanks for your replys, phoneman, and may God bless your journey.....

default_cool2.gif

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Well in this case (women) its not them that are in error (women pastors) its you.

I've seen the bible verses that disallow women to be pastors.

You're guilty of rejecting the plain reading of the Bible on women pastors.  Good luck with that!

If we can just change God's Word willie nillie, then where does that end?

Sounds like we can do whatever we want to do and claim it wasn't allowed back then but today it is!

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

On 8/13/2023 at 10:23 PM, Vine Abider said:

Sorry - thought about it . . . but won't be me - no profit. 

Let's start and participate in a thread about enjoying and gaining Christ together!  :th_praying:

I'll keep walking the Path of the Just looking for those who've fallen into Satan's Left Ditch of License (OSAS) or his Right Ditch of Legalism and invite them to take the uplifting hand of Jesus and be put back on the Path of glory.

Thanks for your thoughts!

On 8/13/2023 at 10:55 PM, Neighbor said:

Nope. Read the Bible. Pray about what  is read, think about what is read.

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.  You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?  Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.  Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:  and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,  for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

If you don't stop dropping these 10 Megaton truth bombs, we're gonna wind up at DEFCON 5.

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2023 at 12:26 AM, Stan Murff said:

Maybe you don't have confidence in your position?

You've said the quiet part out loud...

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:06 AM, Vine Abider said:

You're right!  My confidence and my boast is Christ and His operation in me, not my doctrinal knowledge (which will fail as per 1st Corinthians 13).

Lots of different Christs, though:

Legalism Christ

OSAS Christ

Predestination Christ

Non-Divine Christ

Ascended Master Christ

New Age Cosmic Christ

Universalist Christ 

The only way we can know that our confidence is not in a wrong Christ is by ensuring we have confidence in right doctrine, according to 1 Timothy 4:1 KJV.

On 8/14/2023 at 2:57 PM, TheBlade said:

Hope is ok to cut in.. we don't have to dance haha pffft. Now if we have truly been studying this there are at least 3 different views when it comes to Matt 24 and saved till the end. Since only one of those views is being discussed then this is mute.

Now if we try to apply Rev 3 the lukewarm.. He never spit them out.. about to but never has. He did tell them to repent :) So if were running with speculation then maybe they do repent and get it right. Since were like our Father we speak word of life and faith... we call those things that be not as though they were. Faith pleases the Father.

Right, they have the chance to get hot or get spat out lukewarm in the end along with the cold. 

Some argue Matthew 24:12 is talking about "7 year tribulation people" who would fail to "endure to the end" of the tribulation and die a "physical death" but still go to heaven anyway...which, to me, is ridiculous.

Not only b/c I'm a Protestant Historicist, but because our "physical death" is minor inconvenience that our Creator can resolve without even breaking a sweat, and since suffering and death is the lot of the Christian anyway, it doesn't make sense for Jesus to waste any breath mentioning it in Matthew 24:12...but "spiritual death"?

We better believe Jesus not only broke a sweat, but sweat GREAT DROPS OF BLOOD in His effort to save us from that. Spiritual death of the "many" former saints in Matthew 24:12 who allow widespread iniquity to kill their "agape" cold and dead, leaving them unable to "endure to the end" and lost is His solemn concern and desperate warning.

On 8/14/2023 at 3:52 PM, Sower said:

You must have witnessed to the lost or those who are caught into a false religion in the past who are entrenched in their mind of their beliefs. I believe it takes the holy spirit to deal with certain of the blind, so I can only share the light of the word.

I think the same about you as you do about me. No way would I try anymore to pry your belief from what you have exhibited here. I was also convinced like you for so many years and it took the word and the holy spirit to change my belief. Forty plus yrs ago.

Bottom line after trying I see no response to my posts of what I said so I do not care concerning trying to make it clear to you my understanding. I am responsible to be a good steward of what I do know.  Dealing with calvinist believing it is already been decided so no free will, or those that believe like you, it just doesn't matter so much anymore. My part in the body of Christ is made secure by my faith in my saviors words, and not a forum debate.

At my age I am trying to focus on whats important. Sharing the gospel, the light of the good news to those who are still in darkness. Getting caught up in forum debate sometimes, to me, is only a distraction from my/our call to get as many as possible to to an understanding of a persons eternal future. Sowing seed. And how they can understand how God has made it possible for them to have the secure knowledge of God's good news.              Got any input on sowing seed?....:)

Amen!!

Thanks for your replys, phoneman, and may God bless your journey.....

default_cool2.gif

What's lacking today is objectivity. Everyone's truth is subjective. They scoop up a few texts in a bucket and label it "my beliefs" and ignore all others to the contrary.

I expect from others no less than what I'm prepared to do: dump out your bucket, show you why those texts don't belong in that bucket, then show you my bucket and give you the opportunity to do the same.

Time and time again, my efforts are met only with Cognitive Dissonance followed by resolution of it by the only coping mechanism there is: put everything back in the bucket and skip on down the road like nothing happened.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  2.86

2 hours ago, phoneman-777 said:

Lots of different Christs, though:

Legalism Christ

OSAS Christ

Predestination Christ

Non-Divine Christ

Ascended Master Christ

New Age Cosmic Christ

Universalist Christ 

The only way we can know that our confidence is not in a wrong Christ is by ensuring we have confidence in right doctrine, according to 1 Timothy 4:1 KJV.

I'd think it's more simple than that.

There's the true Jesus of the Bible that adheres to God's Word.

Then, there is the false jesus that opposes God's Word.

The false jesus being an angel of light, and demon putting forth lies wrapped in religious situations (like churches) and religious talk for the purpose of deception.

It's kinda like rat poison where you read on the side of the bottle where it says the contents is 98% food and 2% poison.

A little leven spoils the whole loaf as they say.

Edited by Stan Murff
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, phoneman-777 said:

What's lacking today is objectivity. Everyone's truth is subjective. They scoop up a few texts in a bucket and label it "my beliefs" and ignore all others to the contrary.

I expect from others no less than what I'm prepared to do: dump out your bucket, show you why those texts don't belong in that bucket, then show you my bucket and give you the opportunity to do the same.

Time and time again, my efforts are met only with Cognitive Dissonance followed by resolution of it by the only coping mechanism there is: put everything back in the bucket and skip on down the road like nothing happened.

Well said, I like your passion. I enjoy your word pictures, helps my understanding.
You will discover, as I have, you can't change peoples minds on a forum.
So my bucket I call  my mind. Had a lot of darkness planted and embedded there for 30 yrs (RCC) before an old believer told me simply that salvation is by grace, through faith. You can't earn it no matter how good you are, even if you are the best.  It is free, a gift, not earned nor kept/maintained through my works.
From that point on I have been filling my mind up with the word. His word.
The word, light, removes my darkness.

"Thy word have I hid in my heart (bucket) That I might not sin against thee!
          "Blessed art thou, O LORD: Teach me thy statutes"

You are asking me to empty my mind/bucket and put what is in yours, for a look see.  I have had my understanding/belief challenged before, usually the RCC  friends. And that's good, to test me. Just like a calvinist debate, quoting scriptures back and forth, back and forth etc etc, and still debated today, hundreds of years later.

I appreciate you wanting me to know/learn what and how you believe, just as I would hope you eventually learn what I understand. Really. My walk, testimony, has changed 40+ yrs ago dramatically since I now do good works (obedience) because I'm saved, not in order to be saved. I want to, not have to.
Love and not the fear of stumbling. The part I wish you understood, brother.

Got any input on sowing that seed?....:)

• Thumbs Up 2