Holly Day

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It seems to me that the plagues in Egypt were an "undoing" of the 7 days of creation. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or inputs regarding this...

And since there are the 7 vials, seals, trumpets in revelation... What connection can be made there? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Content Per Day:  1.63

The general opinion among theologians is that the ten plagues were God demonstrating the uselessness of the Egyptian god's.

As seven is regarded as a ' special ' number if God was symbolically undoing creation he would have done it in six acts as Inthe six acts of creation.

If there is no reference in scripture to a link between acts of creation and acts of judgement in revelation then there is no reason for seeing a link.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,611
  • Content Per Day:  3.75
  • Days Won:  21

32 minutes ago, Who me said:

The general opinion among theologians is that the ten plagues were God demonstrating the uselessness of the Egyptian god's.

As seven is regarded as a ' special ' number if God was symbolically undoing creation he would have done it in six acts as Inthe six acts of creation.

If there is no reference in scripture to a link between acts of creation and acts of judgement in revelation then there is no reason for seeing a link.

It is another polemic of which there are many in the Tanakh.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Content Per Day:  1.63

3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

It is another polemic of which there are many in the Tanakh.

So when Paul wrote ' All scripture is useful for teach, rebuking and training in rightousness' and he was referring to the OT he was basically talking nonsense?

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,611
  • Content Per Day:  3.75
  • Days Won:  21

21 minutes ago, Who me said:

So when Paul wrote ' All scripture is useful for teach, rebuking and training in rightousness' and he was referring to the OT he was basically talking nonsense?

What is the point of this comment? God is ALMIGHTY and can do whatever He wants to. All scripture INCLUDES those books the modern church disdains at their peril.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  289
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Content Per Day:  3.37
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

21 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

peril.

Scary

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  289
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Content Per Day:  3.37
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 7/11/2021 at 6:04 AM, Holly Day said:

It seems to me that the plagues in Egypt were an "undoing" of the 7 days of creation. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or inputs regarding this...

And since there are the 7 vials, seals, trumpets in revelation... What connection can be made there? 

Link: 10 Egyptian gods vs 10 Divine plagues

Link: Meaning of Numbers in the Bible

Endless information available if you know how to track it down.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,702
  • Content Per Day:  2.64
  • Days Won:  1

Sower supplied a great reference to the meaning of biblical numbers. I have basically the same meanings for all the numbers, I hand wrote down on a piece of paper years ago, and refer to it often. Now I "bookmarked" this link sower supplied for an easier reference when I'm on the computer studying, thanks @Sower

It has been said that mathematics is the universal language. Our Lord is the master mathematician and creator of everything that exists. In the Bible, there is a lot of information to be gleaned with numbers and Hebrew/Jewish names. Now when I study the Bible, I pay special attention when numbers are given and names mentioned. I have a hard copy and computer copy of "A Dictionary of the Proper Names" of the literal translation from the Original Tongues [J. B. Jackson]. It is very interesting, more times than not, the name alone will give you a tidbit of information about that person [his livelihood, character, where they are from, etc.]. 

In the Hebrew (and Greek), numbers are assigned to letters, if you are into gematria, this would be useful. Many earthly biblical things, seem to be 'patterns' of heavenly ones. Biblical numbers are given because they are important and represent something the Lord wants us to "search out a thing." For example and I'll leave the representations out, because my cyber ink is running low. Why such numeric detail with the measurements of the Ark of the Covenant, Tabernacle, Temple, Genealogies, Noah's Ark, etc.?

Those detailed and precise numbers are not there to fill in blank space. 2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

It is interesting to note,  the stable dimensions (ratios) of ocean going vessels, that are given of the length, width, and height of Noah's Ark, are used today as the most stable in chaotic seas.

• Thumbs Up 1