• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  11,110
  • Content Per Day:  6.03
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

No debate on my part, I agree. I probably take more liberties than I should with the following two verses?

Acts 17:11 (KJV) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Proverbs 25:2 (KJV) It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Yup--it helps to keep in mind what 'word' they received and what scriptures were searched out to verify that what they heard was true. It was very simple and had nothing to do with doctrine. They were told that Christ was the Messiah, the Son of God and that He came to suffer and die for sin(s) and rose again. They were noble because they wanted to be sure that what they heard was indeed from God.

We, who are saved believers, don't need that in the same manner. Now it may be that some have taken that path, but more likely searching the scriptures serve to bolster the gift of faith and experience of the indwelling Spirit. We now today--benefit much from those in Christ before us.

:-)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,888
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

What's interesting is, the generation that is alive when the fig tree [Israel] becomes a nation once again, shall not pass. As we all know, that happened on May 14, 1948, in one day by the decree of the United Nation. Israel will be 73 years old in just a few days now.

It begs the question everyone wants to know; exactly how long is a biblical generation that witnesses Israel's rebirth? I think our modern statistics of current life spans in general, is bared out in Psalm 90:10. I suspect from May 14, 1948, this may point to the season? 2018 - 2028, we shall see?

Psalm 90:10 (KJV) The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Hi Dennis1209,

Israel, or better said true Israel are all those whose hearts are circumcised towards the Lord. And just like none of the Jews of the Exodus from Egypt had their hearts circumcised towards the Lord, and were thus rejected; the greater part of what is presently the Jews in the land of Israel does not constitute the generation whose heart is inclined towards the Lord.

True Israel are peoples from all nations whom the Lord will gather at some point soon.

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Edited by luigi