• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,856
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Hi LadyKay.. you know last night I was saying basically the same thing. Seems I am ALWAYS ... haha the song ECHO just said "when my mind says I'm not good enough God your enough for me". Shared before but I remember when the word in the margin said something like if your heart convicts you you wont get anything from God. I got up and said I quit, my heart convicts me 24/7. As I was leaving the room.. He asked  "what is righteousness?" I said ok ok righteous is right standing with God. He then asked "how do you get righteousness?" I said by believing in Jesus. It was like being blind and then you can see. 

I NEVER get tried of remembering that. For me one would THINK GOD telling you how HE sees you case closed. I wonder if its not like we keep going back into that hole that He got us out of. We keep seeing the old man not the new man created in righteousness and true holiness. So in all this someone is lying to us feeding us thoughts that are not true :) Its So hard for me to see myself through my Fathers eyes yet that is truth. If not worthy then we can never come before Him BOLDLY and we never can sit in heavenly places.

We get up dust off keep going. Not what we were its what we are IN THROUGH BY Christ. This is what comes to my mind "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

Your words speak for and to everyone - that must tell you something.... BUT YOU have made a decision to seek Him out, to place your life in His Hands... while, unfortunately, most do not.

Ask Him (repeatedly) to let you see yourself as He sees you- remember, He already sees you as a new creation, this new man, only you fail to see him. Let go and let God.

Charlie

12 hours ago, Paul James said:

Here is the Scripture that counteracts your feelings of unworthiness to ask God for anything.

"Be not anxious for anything, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests to God, and the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:5-6).

So, are you trusting your feelings of unworthiness, or are you putting your trust in God's Word?   Are you trusting in your own righteousness, which is a filthy rag in the sight of God, or in the righteousness of Christ which has been given to you as a free gift?

Are you of "the circumcision that worships God in the Spirit, rejoices in Jesus Christ, and has no confidence in the flesh (that is in ourselves)"?

Or are you obsessed with yourself, your failings and shortcomings, in spite of what the Word of God says about you?   Are you obeying your own feelings, or the Word of God?

Paul, this is really good, but this I have against you (taken directly from Revelation- pretty good, huh?), anyway, I noticed you failed to place your name at the bottom of this enjoyable comment!

I would suggest you edit this post or someone (me) will sign their own name at the bottom... just looking out for you. Charlie 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Days Won:  10

No one is worthy. We must be contrite. That's the key in my opinion. God is near the broken heart and saves the contrite. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Paul, this is really good, but this I have against you (taken directly from Revelation- pretty good, huh?), anyway, I noticed you failed to place your name at the bottom of this enjoyable comment!

I would suggest you edit this post or someone (me) will sign their own name at the bottom... just looking out for you. Charlie 

We can't edit others posts. We don't need to sign our name, as our name is on the top of the post.

14 minutes ago, leah777 said:

We can't edit others posts. We don't need to sign our name, as our name is on the top of the post.

leah777, thank you for that but I was joking with Paul..... letting him know it was a very nice response and if he did not sign it, I would ..... just a joke, thanks, Charlie

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.75

Unworthy ? So are we all

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.14
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 3/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, LadyKay said:

When things happen and I need to ask God for his help. I feel I am unworthy to ask. I am not perfect. I am not a great and wonderful Christian. I fall short of what I should be time and time again. I let God down at times. So why should he help me when I pray? This is how I feel. 

The Lord created us - maybe he feels some responsibility towards us. He loves us. It is to his glory that he should help us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

7 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

leah777, thank you for that but I was joking with Paul..... letting him know it was a very nice response and if he did not sign it, I would ..... just a joke, thanks, Charlie

Not as good as this one:

A drunk driver gets pulled over by a cop for going through an intersection in the wrong lane.  The cop asks the driver, "Didn't you see the arrows?"   The driver replied, "Arrows??  I never even saw the Indians!"

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

12 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I think it's fine to be humble about it and recognize both our personal failings and that we don't deserve it. At the same time some of the things Jesus said about prayer are also worth keeping in mind. Luke 11:5-13 and Luke 12:24-31 both stand out to me in that respect.

We need to be careful about false humility that can be a deception to stop godly folk from coming boldly to God's throne of grace to find mercy and help in their time of need.  The inner "voice" that says, "You're not worthy to approach a holy God", may be a lying spirit trying to block one's access to God through Christ.

Edited by Paul James

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

NOT  WORTHY  

1 JOHN 5:14  and this is the confidence that we have in  HIM  ---that if we ask--- anything according to  HIS  will  HE  heareth us 

--5:15-- and --if-- we know that  HE  hear us whatsoever we ask we know that we have the petitions that we desired of  HIM

****************************************************************************************

PROVERBS 28:9  HE  THAT  TURNETH  AWAY  HIS  EAR  FROM HEARING  THE  LAW  EVEN  HIS  PRAYER  SHALL  BE  ABOMINATION

PSALM 66:18  IF  I  REGARD  INIQUITY  IN  MY  HEART  THE  LORD  WILL  NOT  HEAR  ME 

****************************************************************************************

LUKE 21:36  watch you therefore and ---PRAY  ALWAYS--- that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before  THE  SON  OF  MAN

2 THESSALONIANS 1:11  wherefore also we pray always for you that our  ---GOD  WOULD  COUNT  YOU  WORTHY---of this calling and fulfil all the good pleasure of  HIS  goodness and  ---THE  WORK  OF  FAITH  WITH  POWER---

1 PETER 2:1  wherefore laying aside all malice and all guile and hypocrisies and envies and --ALL  EVIL  SPEAKINGS--

--2:2--as newborn babes desire the --SINCERE  MILK-- of the word that you may grow thereby

PHILIPPIANS 1:10  that you may approve things that are excellent that you may be --SINCERE  AND  WITHOUT  OFFENCE-- till the day of  CHRIST

ROMANS 1:18  FOR  THE  WRATH  OF  GOD  IS  REVEALED  FROM  HEAVEN  AGAINST  ALL  UNGODLINESS  AND  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  OF  MEN  WHO  HOLD  THE  TRUTH  IN  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS 

PHILIPPIANS 1:16  THE  ONE  PREACH  CHRIST  OF  CONTENTION  ---NOT  SINCERELY--- SUPPOSING  TO  ADD  AFFLICTION  TO  MY  BONDS  

--1:17-- BUT  THE  OTHER  OF  LOVE  KNOWING  THAT  I  AM  SET  FOR  THE  DEFENCE  OF  THE  GOSPEL

PHILIPPIANS  2:21  FOR  ALL  SEEK  THEIR  OWN  NOT  THE  THINGS  WHICH  ARE  JESUS  CHRISTS 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST