halifaxchristian

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

If you can lose your salvation, why doesn't God take us home when we ARE SAVED? Is God a monster lurking in the shadows waiting until we screw up to send us to hell? Absolutely not. God is NOT WILLING that any should perish... learn what that means folks. It means what it means. Simple.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say it again...some people just don't know what love is.

"Whosoever is BORN OF GOD doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is BORN OF GOD."-1 John 3:9

"If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar...if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."-1 John 1:10,2:1

WHO IS YOUR ADVOCATE...JESUS CHRIST...OR YOURSELF???

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

This may sound extreme, but consider this- if we could lose our salvation, wouldn't we be doing folks an eternal act of mercy by killing them at the moment of their conversion/repentance that way they'd never have such an opportunity to "fall away" and subsequently lose their salvation ? It makes no sense to me now that one can somehow "mess up" and lose what Jesus did for us on the cross. He died because there was/is no other way to get to God ( John 14:6 ). We obey out of love, not obligation.

Blessing to all,

Tim

This may sound extreme, but consider this- if we could lose our salvation, wouldn't we be doing folks an eternal act of mercy by killing them at the moment of their conversion/repentance that way they'd never have such an opportunity to "fall away" and subsequently lose their salvation ?
Edited by halifaxchristian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  622
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  57,286
  • Content Per Day:  7.57
  • Days Won:  280

1 Cor 5:1-7

5:1 It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father's wife. 2 And you have become arrogant, and have not mourned instead, in order that the one who had done this deed might be removed from your midst. 3 For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough?

NASB

I have never understood these verses and how they work out in the scheme of things. Don't know if this adds anything to this discussion or confuses it further....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

There is a way that seems right unto a man, but!!!!!!!!!

Adam was a saved man. Cain was a saved man at one time. Baalim was a prophet. Judas was a disciple. Demas was a saved man at one time. A saved man is one who has been forgiven of his sins and has started to follow God. He has a right standing with God. Ye he has a freewill and can choose at any time to depart from the faith. Just look at some of the replies to this topic.

1TIM 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some

shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a

hot iron;

God gives them over to strong delusion:

2THES 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: (they don't care what the scripture says.)

2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had

pleasure in unrighteousness.

2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren

beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Christians who leave the Lord, or embibe in deceit are again lost:

MAT 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man (he is saved, justified, forgiven), he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished (no Holy Spirit).

12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man (he is lost) is worse than the first (saved). Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Christians who don't abide and grow in Christ are condemned:

JOHN 15:2 Every branch (Christian) in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

15:3 Now ye are clean (forgiven) through the word which I have spoken unto you.

15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in

him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

15:6 If a man (christian) abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

HEB 10:26 For if we sin willfully (live in sin and not confess and repent) after that we have received the knowledge of the truth (we were saved), there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins (we have lost salvation),

10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

10:28 He that despised Moses

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  1

If you can lose your salvation, why doesn't God take us home when we ARE SAVED?  Is God a monster lurking in the shadows waiting until we screw up to send us to hell?  Absolutely not.  God is NOT WILLING that any should perish... learn what that means folks.  It means what it means.  Simple.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So do you believe that man comes to God by an act of his free will, but then loses that free will to undecide once saved?

Guest Rogue Warrior

There is a passage of Scripture that comes to mind right off hand that deals directly with this topic. John 10:25-30

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do

in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall

any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to

pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

I am sure that there are probably other verses that deal with this topic, but that is the one that came to mind immediately. I would have to do some more research to give you a list of other verses, but then again, there it is straight from the book of John in the King James Version, written in Red as spoken by Jesus himself, so what other proof does a person really need? I hope this scripture was of help to you.

God Bless

Rogue Warrior

If you can lose your salvation, why doesn't God take us home when we ARE SAVED?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I agree Halifax, God wants us to be saved, and God is neither insane nor capricious.

But I am now not even sure what we mean by eternal security? Consider the passage below from Matthew. Now those people certainly considered themselves saved yet are they are not. Certainly they feel a sense of eternal security.

In some ways this debate is meaningless as it depends on our human judgements about salvation.