IGNORED

Is Reborn Israel the Beginning of the Final Generation?

Diaste

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,717
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  2

This was a popular idea back in the day and maybe it still is. I used to think this way: Israel reborn in 1948 is the start of the last generation 'that will see all these things'.

Then we calculate generations by current standards: 40 years, 80 years, or am extreme lifespan of 120 years.

The year of our Lord 1988 has come and gone; 2028 is on the way and at the extreme is 2068. 2028 was my estimate as I was examining eschatology in the late 80's and early 90's.

"This generation shall not pass till all these things are fulfilled."

For many years I just ignored that as I didn't find reborn Israel to be related to the timing of the return of Jesus and I was quickly over date setting early on. I am of the mind that the final generation is just the one who begins to witness the end time events from the Olivet Discourse, but I could be wrong.

It has come to my attention that reborn Israel may be significant to the final generation after all. 

Is that true? Not true?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  825
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  7,074
  • Content Per Day:  2.94
  • Days Won:  1

Yes they r the last generation n it has been 72 years , added with 7 years Tribulation to come we come to 79 years, if one generation is 80 at the maximum we still hv one year remains be4 the gt, may be, cud b, we re on the edge n fail to see This Corona pestilence as the harbinger of apocalypse that strikes the whole world with deaths n paralyze economic growth to almost zero. It strikes Israel too n they don't realise they actually see the beginning of birth pains Jesus speaks abt.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  4,014
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

I am of the mind that the final generation is just the one who begins to witness the end time events from the Olivet Discourse, but I could be wrong.

I tend to agree.  There is also this verse:

• And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  Luke 21:24

I see the 1967 taking of Jerusalem as a prophetically significant event.  It signifies that the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  The fullness of the Gentiles will come in at the return of Jesus.  The seed of the gospel has been sown worldwide and the harvest will take place when He returns.  I see it as a marker.

4 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I tend to agree.  There is also this verse:

• And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  Luke 21:24

I see the 1967 taking of Jerusalem as a prophetically significant event.  It signifies that the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  The fullness of the Gentiles will come in at the return of Jesus.  The seed of the gospel has been sown worldwide and the harvest will take place when He returns.  I see it as a marker.

In the mind of many Luke 21:24 is the 42 months of Gentile domination in the 2nd half of the last week. It's interesting you make a distinction, unlike what I have read. Never occurred to me. 

I think the 1948 rebirth is used by date setters mostly. I learned of it through Pretrib authors. But the 1988 prediction didn't work for them. 

I am open to hearing the arguments for 1948 as the 'last generation' start point.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  4,014
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

In the mind of many Luke 21:24 is the 42 months of Gentile domination in the 2nd half of the last week. It's interesting you make a distinction, unlike what I have read. Never occurred to me. 

I think the 1948 rebirth is used by date setters mostly. I learned of it through Pretrib authors. But the 1988 prediction didn't work for them. 

I am open to hearing the arguments for 1948 as the 'last generation' start point.

I agree that there will be a future 42 month trampling of Jerusalem as stated in Revelation 11:2.  The fact that it is stated as 42 month in duration means that the trampling of Jerusalem that began in the first century had to have ceased at some point.  Otherwise, what's the point of stating that it will be for 42 months if it has been going on since the first century?  As I see it, there are two times that Jerusalem is trampled by Gentiles.  The first one began in the first century and ended in 1967.  The second one is future and lasts for 42 months.  The first one is a marker to let us know that the times of the Gentiles (God's promise to Abraham) are fulfilled.  The second one is for the fullness of the Gentiles to come in.  It's analogous to sowing and reaping.  The first one is the sowing of the gospel worldwide.  The time in between the first and second is for the seed to grow.  And the second one is to bring the crop to maturity in preparation for the harvest when Jesus returns.

Concerning 1948, I don't see a direct link to any specific prophecy concerning "this generation."  It did provide the impetus for Israelis to return to their homeland as prophesied though.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  16

The topic interests me but I really don't feel I have all the puzzle pieces either.  I do think both 1948 and 1967 are prophetically significant, but I can also see that the temple mount is still under gentile control too.  The muslim waqf rules there.

Where does that fit?  I'm not sure....watching.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,110
  • Content Per Day:  6.05
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

12 minutes ago, Jostler said:

The topic interests me but I really don't feel I have all the puzzle pieces either.  I do think both 1948 and 1967 are prophetically significant, but I can also see that the temple mount is still under gentile control too.  The muslim waqf rules there.

Where does that fit?  I'm not sure....watching.

This is kinda where I am on this, although I am beginning to congeal somewhat. I am convinced that the ending (begin of the end perhaps) of the diaspora and the return to Israel and the Nation born in a day is a clear marker. Nothing else could take place before these events. The center of the world is Israel and despite all human logic, it remains so.

I tend to focus on Abraham and his sons at enmity with one another. I think that is key. Both in the natural and spiritually.

Perhaps its simply because of current events, but I have a sense that is more than I have ever had before, that the Lord's return is soon. I may be nutz. That is possible.

But I do have reasons to think this way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  16

8 minutes ago, Alive said:

This is kinda where I am on this, although I am beginning to congeal somewhat. I am convinced that the ending (begin of the end perhaps) of the diaspora and the return to Israel and the Nation born in a day is a clear marker. Nothing else could take place before these events. The center of the world is Israel and despite all human logic, it remains so.

I tend to focus on Abraham and his sons at enmity with one another. I think that is key. Both in the natural and spiritually.

Perhaps its simply because of current events, but I have a sense that is more than I have ever had before, that the Lord's return is soon. I may be nutz. That is possible.

But I do have reasons to think this way.

i personally lean hard toward believing 1948, "nation born in a day" truly did mark the beginning of the last generation.  But i'm not quite sure how all the rest fits yet :)   Right now I'm pretty sure we've seen the onset of a very significant birth pain, but how many more do we have in front of us before the Kingdom is born?  Dunno....

This one isn't over, it's just beginning...but what He will do in it is going to be simply magnificent.  I just know in my heart, the King is coming...and soon.  Whatever that means in days, weeks, months or years....He's coming soon.

And that excites me.  maranatha :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,110
  • Content Per Day:  6.05
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I am also very encouraged about what the Lord Himself is doing in places like Iran. I have found myself praying for the new saints there.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Last Daze said:

As I see it, there are two times that Jerusalem is trampled by Gentiles.  The first one began in the first century and ended in 1967.

Are we sure it ended? Or even began? I have never looked into that. I do know the 'trodden down' idea in Luke 21:24 is pretty brutal. 

So then does 1967 have any relevance to the terminal generation, as in time frame?