Some ideas to help you sleep

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

we have to have white noise to be able to sleep...    I say we but mainly my wife.....     Usually we have a hepa air filter on making noise and most of the time the tv on.   when we travel we listen to the bible on my laptop played at a level just lower to be able to understand the words.     sounds crazy but works.

As for me I have this weird thing with alcohol....   small glass of red wine and a half hour I'm asleep ready or not...    works well for getting to bed but a disaster for driving or having friends over  LoL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Cant you sleep on your back with them on?

Merry Christmas.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Wearing earplugs when you sleep can cause a buildup of earswax and ear infections.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Sharky and George said:

Cant you sleep on your back with them on?

Merry Christmas.

I've had to force myself to sleep on my back for over a year and a half on a horribly uncomfortable hospital bed. Apnea doesn't help to get quality sleep for more than several hours at a stretch, and numerous residents here have bed sores as a result from the cement-like surface of these mattresses. We do have to make attempts at semi-side positioning to avoid them. No, headphones won't work here. I have my Sony headphones, and they're terrific for listening to music. Bose headphones and earbuds have always been out of my price range. Who can afford hundreds for them? 

Merry Christmas to you! 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Other things that used to work reasonably well was an air filtration system. It had two settings, high and low. Sounded like the white noise type of whir and was pretty good. The unit became obsolete and filters disappeared from the shelves. 

I also had a sound machine that mimicked these sounds. Rain, babbling brook, river, ocean waves, cricket chirping, and heartbeat. The crickets drove me mad, and the heartbeat was down right creepy! It went down after about ten years or so. That was sad. 

Bought a new one recently, but it has no electrical cord for all night usage. Programs for about 90 minutes and stops. Frustrating to say the least. The one has variables of white, brown, and pink noise? No clue what that means. Ocean is okay. Rain too. Wind sounds like a banshee on intervals, and forest has squawking bird it it! 

This is what I think of the $20 bucks I paid for it = :blow-up: