renewedfaith1964

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I like to pose a simple question to evolutionists that completely baffles them. I like them to tell me 5 things that they know about evolution that is true.  I never get a response.  Rather, an occasional person will point me to an article.  It's a great way to show evolutionists that they really aren't aware of the fact that they have no idea what they believe. 

I like to pose a simple question to evolutionists that completely baffles them. I like them to tell me 5 things that they know about evolution that is true.  I never get a response.  Rather, an occasional person will point me to an article.  It's a great way to show evolutionists that they really aren't aware of the fact that they have no idea what they believe. 

:thumbsup:

~

Pagan

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:21

To The Core

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

Guest Albert Eugen

Russell Humphries has estimated that the maximum time sea salt has been accumulating would not be over 62 million years even if the ocean started with no salt at all. There is no reason to believe that God did not create the ocean with some salt already in it. I think He put in a lot. In any event, the time allowed by sea salt accumulation is many times less than evolutionists think evolution would have required.

http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-airplanes/shop-by-brand/art-tech-rc-airplanes.html

Russell Humphries has estimated that the maximum time sea salt has been accumulating would not be over 62 million years even if the ocean started with no salt at all. There is no reason to believe that God did not create the ocean with some salt already in it. I think He put in a lot. In any event, the time allowed by sea salt accumulation is many times less than evolutionists think evolution would have required.

http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-airplanes/shop-by-brand/art-tech-rc-airplanes.html

Welcome~!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  5

What are you looking for exactly? Reasons that I think evolution is true? Or just general facts about what evolution is? I could name "5 things" either way.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  821
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  7

1. Members of a population will have different characteristics

2. Characteristics are inherited from parent to offspring under the model of dissent with modification 

3. Populations tend to produce more offspring than the environment can support; competition 

4. Those with characteristics that give a higher probability to survive and reproduce have a higher probability to pass on their characteristics while those with unfavorable characteristics tend to die off and/or not leave behind offspring

5. Over generations a population's characteristics will change in relation to the environment 

Hi D-9,

Dissent with modification?

Is that when the parents are successful businesspersons who wish for the child to take over their empire, but instead the child rebelliously decides to become a bassist in a stoner rock band?

Just pulling your leg :)

1. Members of a population will have different characteristics

2. Characteristics are inherited from parent to offspring under the model of dissent with modification 

3. Populations tend to produce more offspring than the environment can support; competition 

4. Those with characteristics that give a higher probability to survive and reproduce have a higher probability to pass on their characteristics while those with unfavorable characteristics tend to die off and/or not leave behind offspring

5. Over generations a population's characteristics will change in relation to the environment 

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:11-12

What are you looking for exactly? Reasons that I think evolution is true? Or just general facts about what evolution is? I could name "5 things" either way.

~

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:1-4

2) Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

3) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

4) And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: Acts 14:15

5) But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Five Statements Of The Clear Facts

That Are The Foundation Of Why I Believe

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1

His Words Are Always

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:5

True

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  821
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  7

Hi D-9,

Dissent with modification?

Is that when the parents are successful businesspersons who wish for the child to take over their empire, but instead the child rebelliously decides to become a bassist in a stoner rock band?

Just pulling your leg :)

Wow, what a typo on my part. 

Curse spell check for not being grammar check also  :thumbsup: 

That's not the worst I've seen though. The other day I informed a customer that the project I was working on was completed his email reply read,

"Excrement! I can't wait to see it."

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

1. Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.
  2. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins.[1]
  3. All life on Earth is descended from a last universal ancestor that lived approximately 3.8 billion years ago.
  4. Repeated speciation and the divergence of life can be inferred from shared sets of biochemical and morphological traits, or by shared DNA sequences.[2]
  5. These homologous traits and sequences are more similar among species that share a more recent common ancestor, and can be used to reconstruct evolutionary histories, using both existing species and the fossil record.
  6. Existing patterns of biodiversity have been shaped both by speciation and by extinction.[3]

evolution Wikipedia

Edited by jerryR34

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Evolution is a powerful model.  I realize it is anathema to many Christians, but there are those of us who view it as God's method for living things.

Edited by gray wolf