IGNORED

Will Syria be another American misadventure?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Obama's military threats against Bashar al-Assad's regime in Syria may end in another Benghazi-like debacle after we helped Islamists take power in Libya?

Sen. McCain claims that rebel Syrian Islamists aren't affiliated with al-Qaida -- I wonder how he "knows" that --  but whatever their affiliation, these jihadists have already made life miserable for Christians who fled into Syria from Iraq and may soon have no where else to go if Assad falls.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Obama's military threats against Bashar al-Assad's regime in Syria may end in another Benghazi-like debacle after we helped Islamists take power in Libya?

Sen. McCain claims that rebel Syrian Islamists aren't affiliated with al-Qaida -- I wonder how he "knows" that --  but whatever their affiliation, these jihadists have already made life miserable for Christians who fled into Syria from Iraq and may soon have no where else to go if Assad falls.

America will be making another big mistake. Assad's regime is evil, but the rebels are fighting for an even greater evil and surprise, surprise, Obama appears to want to assist the latter.

Obama has always shown sympathy for Islamists. He is the King that is leading the United States into disagreement with God.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,998
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,695
  • Content Per Day:  11.64
  • Days Won:  226

America will be making another big mistake. Assad's regime is evil, but the rebels are fighting for an even greater evil and surprise, surprise, Obama appears to want to assist the latter.

Obama has always shown sympathy for Islamists. He is the King that is leading the United States into disagreement with God.

Yes :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I don't think possibly instigating WWIII is merely a "misadventure."  Also, it's easy for John McCain to advocate sending troops into harm's way, and altough he was a POW in the "Hanoi Hilton" his treatment there will seem like first class compared to what these islamists will do to our soldiers if caught.  I can't even imagine what barbarity our troops will be subjected to.  We are now hearing rumors that it may take up to 75000 troops to secure Syria's chemcal weapons stockpiles.

How do you think Iran will react to this, knowing they will have Russia on their side? 

Saudi Arabia is now offering to pay for this "misadventure"  If Saudi is so concerned about Iran and Syria, why aren't they offering to send their young men into harm's way?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.18
  • Days Won:  115

Isaiah 17 does tell us that Damascus will be destroyed.  I wonder if this is how it is done?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think possibly instigating WWIII is merely a "misadventure."  Also, it's easy for John McCain to advocate sending troops into harm's way, and altough he was a POW in the "Hanoi Hilton" his treatment there will seem like first class compared to what these islamists will do to our soldiers if caught.  I can't even imagine what barbarity our troops will be subjected to.  We are now hearing rumors that it may take up to 75000 troops to secure Syria's chemcal weapons stockpiles.

How do you think Iran will react to this, knowing they will have Russia on their side? 

Saudi Arabia is now offering to pay for this "misadventure"  If Saudi is so concerned about Iran and Syria, why aren't they offering to send their young men into harm's way?

Our troops will be fighting Russian-Ukraine troops also,  along with troops from Assad's Regime and whoever else decides to join in

From The Voice Of Russia

Russian-Ukrainian volunteer corps going to Syria to fight (“Window to Russia”, Russia)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.05
  • Days Won:  78

You make good points here, Justin.  But, WW3 isn't coming until the Lord decides it's time.  I don't want to see American troops doing anything over there; it's not our problem.  Why do not these wimpy arab states that want rid of Assad so bad step up and do the work.....for once? 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.05
  • Days Won:  78

Isaiah 17 does tell us that Damascus will be destroyed.  I wonder if this is how it is done?

That thought has occurred to me too; as I'm sure it has to everyone else who knows the Bible.  :hmmm: 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,925
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

The only thing a Christian can be absolutely sure of regarding the Middle East is that it is central to Bible prophecy. I'm old enough to remember the '67 six day war, the '73 war, and all the other events involving Israel and her neighbors that have happened since and up to the present time.

My parents always were watching the events over there.  Every time things heated up, it would be "this is it!"  "The Lord's coming any day."

Here it is, 2013, and He hasn't come yet, of course.  I don't mention this to discourage or denigrate - indeed, my faith is stronger than it's ever been.  I just bring it up this way to suggest that one shouldn't draw too many conclusions from these individual events.  I don't have to point out that in this situation in Syria, there are no "good guys" on either side. To add to that, there are few, if any, trustworthy leaders in our own government. 

All in all, a very bad mix.

The only positive thing that can be said is that God IS in control, and ultimately His will WILL be done. Whether it's today, tomorrow, next week, next year, or next century.

But let's - for a moment - try to view the recent history of the involvement of the U.S. in the Middle East through a completely secular lens.  I suggest - if we do that - there's not much that is positive, either.

We removed a dictator in Iraq - on the surface, a good thing.  But what was the result?  Radical Islamic factions filling the vacuum that was created, and an emboldened Iran (now without a buffer state in Iraq to keep it in check).  Net result?  In my opinion, a minus.

Inexplicably, we DID NOT support the opposition in Iran against the mullahs.  Consistency, anyone?

Can anyone tell me what we accomplished in our 10 year mis-adventure in Afghanistan?

Finally, we aided in removing Mubarak in Egypt, only to see that nation now in chaos (and much more of a potential threat to Israel.)

What are the United States' goals with regards to the Middle East?  Can anyone tell me?

Anyone?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.91
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What are the United States' goals with regards to the Middle East?  Can anyone tell me?

Do you mean the US or Pres. Obama?

Obama's pattern has been strengthening anything to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.

I don't consider this to be something the majority of the US wants.