MorningGlory

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I've heard that snail mail really impresses them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  78

I've heard that snail mail really impresses them.

I've heard that it really confuses them. You know, having to open an envelope and all. <_<

Here is a breakdown of the immigration laws that Mr. Calderon enforces in HIS country. I'm sending a copy to my Senators, Congressman and to the President. Mr. Mexico is a king sized hypocrite. He needs to get out of my country.

http://immigrationbuzz.com/?page_id=1454

Do you guys actually believe they read their mail?

If you want your voice to be heard, this is what you need to do.

Actually, yes, they do read their e-mails (their staffers do) and they also record whether phone calls are pro or con. Remember, these people are perpetual campaigners; it's ALL they do. I like the huge crowds in the street scenario though; civil unrest is good for the union. And it scares the willies out of Congress. <_<

Staffers are nothing more than walking talking spam filters.

People in government aren't going to do anything because they know they don't have too. There's nothing to threaten their position. All they have to do is go with the flow and sit back and collect a paycheck. They don't care about the people until the elections come around and then they put on the face that they know will get them elected again.

Do you guys actually believe they read their mail?

If you want your voice to be heard, this is what you need to do.

Actually, yes, they do read their e-mails (their staffers do) and they also record whether phone calls are pro or con. Remember, these people are perpetual campaigners; it's ALL they do. I like the huge crowds in the street scenario though; civil unrest is good for the union. And it scares the willies out of Congress. :rolleyes:

Staffers are nothing more than walking talking spam filters.

People in government aren't going to do anything because they know they don't have too. There's nothing to threaten their position. All they have to do is go with the flow and sit back and collect a paycheck. They don't care about the people until the elections come around and then they put on the face that they know will get them elected again.

On November 10th, ask them how that's working for them. The key to managing them is that they WANT more than anything to keep their phoney baloney jobs (and stellar benefits). They sure don't want to have to work for a living. <_<

Guest shiloh357
I want to see every one of these maniacly clapping buffoons out of Congress.....I say we, the THINKING members of the American electorate, go after them with everything we have. This 'President' of Mexico (translation: Corrupted Politician in Chief) is going to tell us we should amend our Constitution? And that we are racist for wanting to enforce our laws? This guy talks interconnected economies....yeah, we have one and they want to benefit from it. If the decision was mine, ICE would have hauled him out of there right then and deported him. Would that be considered unPC? <_<

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/05/c...un-control.html

This the 2nd time in a few months that the will of the majority of Americans has been ignored by at least 1/2 of congress, namely the Dems. To see them give him a standing ovation for hypocritically lecturing us about our laws and stuff was really sickening.

On November 10th, ask them how that's working for them. The key to managing them is that they WANT more than anything to keep their phoney baloney jobs (and stellar benefits). They sure don't want to have to work for a living. <_<

You think writing letters and emails is a way of keeping them in line? Even if they do get voted out, there's another one just waiting to take their place.

If the american people want to send a message, that message needs to be delivered in person. Boycotts, marches, whatever. Sacrifices need to be made. We can't move forward if we're sitting on the sidelines.

I want to see every one of these maniacly clapping buffoons out of Congress.....I say we, the THINKING members of the American electorate, go after them with everything we have. This 'President' of Mexico (translation: Corrupted Politician in Chief) is going to tell us we should amend our Constitution? And that we are racist for wanting to enforce our laws? This guy talks interconnected economies....yeah, we have one and they want to benefit from it. If the decision was mine, ICE would have hauled him out of there right then and deported him. Would that be considered unPC? :rolleyes:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/05/c...un-control.html

This the 2nd time in a few months that the will of the majority of Americans has been ignored by at least 1/2 of congress, namely the Dems. To see them give him a standing ovation for hypocritically lecturing us about our laws and stuff was really sickening.

Yes but, rather than being sickened, I went nuclear and ranted about this all day long. I know my coworkers are glad the week is over. <_<

You think writing letters and emails is a way of keeping them in line? Even if they do get voted out, there's another one just waiting to take their place.

If the american people want to send a message, that message needs to be delivered in person. Boycotts, marches, whatever. Sacrifices need to be made. We can't move forward if we're sitting on the sidelines.

Well, I've no problem with marches, demonstrations, protests or even surrounding Congress with torches ablaze. I'm not sure what we would boycott when it comes to Congress. We will not solve the career politician problem though until we manage to push through a bill limiting the terms of lawmakers. In order to do THAT we have to elect representatives that are outside the current crony system. We can't all just up and go to Washington. We can, however, assemble at our local representative's office.

Well, I've no problem with marches, demonstrations, protests or even surrounding Congress with torches ablaze. I'm not sure what we would boycott when it comes to Congress. We will not solve the career politician problem though until we manage to push through a bill limiting the terms of lawmakers. In order to do THAT we have to elect representatives that are outside the current crony system. We can't all just up and go to Washington. We can, however, assemble at our local representative's office.

That's exactly what those in Washington are counting on.