• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  19

Quote The Los Angeles Times;

Top of the Ticket

Top political strategist Woody Allen thinks Obama would get much more done as dictator; No, really

May 18, 2010 | 2:22 am

The notorious and formerly funny movie director Woody Allen is apparently frustrated with the cumbersome operations of American democracy too.

The one-time-father-now-husband-of-his-daughter tells the Spanish-language magazine La Vanguardia that the United States' Democratic Smoker-in-Chief could accomplish a whole lot more from his White House if he didn't have so many disorderly, annoying people objecting, distracting and criticizing him all the time.

Such social messiness has been known to occur in functioning democracies, even cinematic ones, although less often on celebrity-strewn movie sets under the direction of a dictatorial director.

"It would be good...if (Obama) could be dictator for a few years because he could do a lot of good things quickly," Allen is quoted as saying.

Allen is also said to have said:

I am pleased with Obama. I think he is brilliant. The Republican Party should get out of his way and stop trying to hurt him.

With healthcare and the economy now fully fixed, no doubt one area in urgent need of sweeping Obama-style reforms would be targeting movie reviewers who write negatively about Hollywood. Or about its politician favorites.

:thumbsup:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington...llen-obama.html

Before you say that this guy is a nut from Holywood, think about what he is saying openly. :thumbsup:

This is what alot of the Leftist's and supposed Intelligentsia are saying privately.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

Top of the Ticket

Top political strategist Woody Allen thinks Obama would get much more done as dictator; No, really

The notorious and formerly funny movie director Woody Allen is apparently frustrated with the cumbersome operations of American democracy too.

The one-time-father-now-husband-of-his-daughter tells the Spanish-language magazine La Vanguardia that the United States' Democratic Smoker-in-Chief could accomplish a whole lot more from his White House if he didn't have so many disorderly, annoying people objecting, distracting and criticizing him all the time.

Such social messiness has been known to occur in functioning democracies, even cinematic ones, although less often on celebrity-strewn movie sets under the direction of a dictatorial director.

"It would be good...if (Obama) could be dictator for a few years because he could do a lot of good things quickly," Allen is quoted as saying.

I am pleased with Obama. I think he is brilliant. The Republican Party should get out of his way and stop trying to hurt him.

With healthcare and the economy now fully fixed, no doubt one area in urgent need of sweeping Obama-style reforms would be targeting movie reviewers who write negatively about Hollywood. Or about its politician favorites.

Before you say that this guy is a nut from Holywood, think about what he is saying openly. :thumbsup:

This is what alot of the Leftist's and supposed Intelligentsia are saying privately.

Exactly. It is why hollywood and actors need to stay out of politics and stick to acting.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  622
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  57,286
  • Content Per Day:  7.57
  • Days Won:  280

Healthcare and the economy fully fixed......... healthcare and the economy fully fixed..... nope doesn't sound like reality the second time I read it either.

I would not doubt that Obama would like to be dictator for a few years, so I have to think that he's working on it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  5

Ok . . . . thought about it.

He's a nut regardless where he's from.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Healthcare and the economy fully fixed......... healthcare and the economy fully fixed..... nope doesn't sound like reality the second time I read it either.

I would not doubt that Obama would like to be dictator for a few years, so I have to think that he's working on it.

He'd like to be dictator for a lot of years, and it's obvious he's working on just that.

How do we know that Obama wants to be a dicator?

What planet have you been on for the last year and a half?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I'd say the way he and all his cronies have bullied their policies through despite the overwhelming displeasure and disagreement of the America people is all the evidence needed. Not to mention the methods used to sometimes get those policies passed. Midnight votes after telling the opposition to go home? Yeah, that's the way a true democracy works. [sarcasm]

And if his actions weren't enough, the pure arrogance of his typical facial expression would pretty much convince me. I've never seen anyone look so blatantly smug about himself. He appears to have fully bought into that whole "hope and change" campaign slogan. But despite what he and others may think, Obama is not Messiah. He and Palosi and the rest of that bunch have been so full of themselves since he won the election that it makes me nauseous. I just pray that he comes back into the real world before he does irreparable damage to this nation.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Top of the Ticket

:th_praying:

Before you say that this guy is a nut from Holywood, think about what he is saying openly. :blink:

I thouhgt he already was a dictator. :rolleyes:

Winsomebulldog has it right on the money. Everything Obama has done is obviously geared toward this. And everything he wants to do and is trying to get rushed thru before Nov., because I think he knows a lot of Dems are going to be shown their walking papers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Winsomebulldog has it right on the money. Everything Obama has done is obviously geared toward this. And everything he wants to do and is trying to get rushed thru before Nov., because I think he knows a lot of Dems are going to be shown their walking papers.

Give a few examples please. Also explain how your examples show that Obama wants to be a dictator. I bet you can't.

Seriously? Does the obscenely expensive health care bill ring any bells? And before you ask, the fact that he pushed that through despite the opposition of the majority of the American people (the ones he's supposed to be working for) proves that he thinks he has the right to ignore the wishes of his constituents (subjects?) and do whatever he wants to do. He's decided to force Americans to buy health insurance, whether they can afford it or not. When you take away the free will of the people you have a dictatorship on your hands.