nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  29

:whistling: I too thought Bush dropped the ball concerning Katrina, and open my mouth a few months ago here at Worthy. But I also learned a lot from that thread concerning chain of command in government. I believe many of these feelings rise up, because we place people in higher leadership roles to "just be there" when something happens to us. Its like you're faithful at your church and you die and the pastor don't show up to do your funeral (just an example). The example sound crazy, yet it makes sense. So the people feel that the President of the United States should be there when bad things happens in this country.

I too wished President Obama had visited, but I'm also thankful that 9/11 and Katrina is showing us that our states need to be prepared in time of disaster. With that said....

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/0...administration/

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  19

Personally, I don't want the President to come around and pretend to cry and weep about my predicament. I want him and other Federal Officials to help but to please get outta the way. Yes, we are a prosperous Nation that helps many other Nations in their times of disaster. I want them to help our own in any way they can but please spare me the photo op's. Please also spare the self righteous moral high ground when it comes to this President when others haven't received the same treatment. :whistling:

What's being pointed up here is the obvious double standard.

The President didn't visit the area for who knows what reason. :laugh: I don't know and neither do you. However when a White President didn't immediately visit a largely Black populated disaster area, he was labeled a racist. Some in the National spotlight even went as far as to say that he purposely killed Black people. :thumbsup: It was also said that he didn't care. It even happened here on Worthy not too mention the biased media.

I'm just wondering, like the article in the OP, where the Moral Outrage is this time? :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  78

:laugh: I too thought Bush dropped the ball concerning Katrina, and open my mouth a few months ago here at Worthy. But I also learned a lot from that thread concerning chain of command in government. I believe many of these feelings rise up, because we place people in higher leadership roles to "just be there" when something happens to us. Its like you're faithful at your church and you die and the pastor don't show up to do your funeral (just an example). The example sound crazy, yet it makes sense. So the people feel that the President of the United States should be there when bad things happens in this country.

I too wished President Obama had visited, but I'm also thankful that 9/11 and Katrina is showing us that our states need to be prepared in time of disaster. With that said....

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/0...administration/

As usual, Joyful, you got right to the heart of the matter. A visit from the President (whoever it may be) is nice but our states pretty much run their emergency response offices. And, yes, state National Guard troops are under the command of their governor, not the President (unless they are called to active duty.) Enough of the blame game; I turned it off when the crazies started blaming Bush for causing the tsunamai in 2004 (it was a secret weapon!). That's when I said 'no more'. So what if Mr. Bush would have been 'crucified' for not showing up; does anyone think he's sitting around worrying about it? :whistling:

Personally, I don't want the President to come around and pretend to cry and weep about my predicament. I want him and other Federal Officials to help but to please get outta the way. Yes, we are a prosperous Nation that helps many other Nations in their times of disaster. I want them to help our own in any way they can but please spare me the photo op's. Please also spare the self righteous moral high ground when it comes to this President when others haven't received the same treatment. :whistling:

The President didn't visit the area for who knows what reason. :thumbsup: I don't know and neither do you. However when a White President didn't immediately visit a largely Black populated disaster area, he was labeled a racist. Some in the National spotlight even went as far as to say that he purposely killed Black people. :noidea: It was also said that he didn't care. It even happened here on Worthy not too mention the biased media.

I'm just wondering, like the article in the OP, where the Moral Outrage is this time? :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Maybe we would all be better served by turning our 'moral outrage' on the cretins in Washington who can't seem to stop spending and telling us we WILL like it. This is nitpicking; who cares who visits where as long as the aid and resources come? Presidents are notoriously busy people, you know. We need to look forward to November instead of backward to 2005. :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1960

FEMA money was offered toNashville??? Relly this is news to me

Angelmiss

FEMA money was offered toNashville??? Relly this is news to me

Angelmiss

Yep; it was all over the news last week.

http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=51350

The President didn't visit the area for who knows what reason. :thumbsup: I don't know and neither do you. However when a White President didn't immediately visit a largely Black populated disaster area, he was labeled a racist. Some in the National spotlight even went as far as to say that he purposely killed Black people. :noidea: It was also said that he didn't care. It even happened here on Worthy not too mention the biased media.

Peace,

Dave

Maybe we would all be better served by turning our 'moral outrage' on the cretins in Washington who can't seem to stop spending and telling us we WILL like it. This is nitpicking; who cares who visits where as long as the aid and resources come? Presidents are notoriously busy people, you know. We need to look forward to November instead of backward to 2005. :laugh:

The problem is that the folks that we're talking about are the ones who have tripled the budget in one and a half years.

It's not nitpicking, the President has time to play basketball and golf all over the place. It's only nitpicking when were talking about the present adminsitration and that's the whole point of the thread. :blink:

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  29

The President didn't visit the area for who knows what reason. :emot-handshake: I don't know and neither do you. However when a White President didn't immediately visit a largely Black populated disaster area, he was labeled a racist. Some in the National spotlight even went as far as to say that he purposely killed Black people. :blink: It was also said that he didn't care. It even happened here on Worthy not too mention the biased media.

I'm just wondering, like the article in the OP, where the Moral Outrage is this time? :noidea:

Peace,

Dave

Since I'm # 40 and you are #41, I guess I'm the up here...

I have followed this thread and not once did I see any persons of color mention until I posted. I clearly stated I too thought this about Bush....until I entered a post. What I was doing was sharing how information was given and because of that I have a clearer understanding for government. And a better understanding about the hold thing.

I never stated I knew why he didn't come, but I did say why people thought he should have. There were more than blacks that lost their lives and I don't

understand why you would take this thread and change it into something that wasn't said.

Moral outrage :blink: you just stated you didn't want "this" nor any other president to come around and I did say I was sorry that Obama didn't visit the state.

One thing I do want to know is why now? Why bring black, racist up after I posted?

Look I've had it here and I've seen enough....I'm leaving...............

The President didn't visit the area for who knows what reason. :blink: I don't know and neither do you. However when a White President didn't immediately visit a largely Black populated disaster area, he was labeled a racist. Some in the National spotlight even went as far as to say that he purposely killed Black people. :blink: It was also said that he didn't care. It even happened here on Worthy not too mention the biased media.

I'm just wondering, like the article in the OP, where the Moral Outrage is this time? :blink:

Peace,

Dave

Since I'm # 40 and you are #41, I guess I'm the up here...

I have followed this thread and not once did I see any persons of color mention until I posted. I clearly stated I too thought this about Bush....until I entered a post. What I was doing was sharing how information was given and because of that I have a clearer understanding for government. And a better understanding about the hold thing.

I never stated I knew why he didn't come, but I did say why people thought he should have. There were more than blacks that lost their lives and I don't

understand why you would take this thread and change it into something that wasn't said.

Moral outrage :blink: you just stated you didn't want "this" nor any other president to come around and I did say I was sorry that Obama didn't visit the state.

One thing I do want to know is why now? Why bring black, racist up after I posted?

Look I've had it here and I've seen enough....I'm leaving...............

Sister,

The OP means the "Original Post". :emot-handshake:

I wasn't thinking in particular about your post dear sister but the overall continuity of the thread. :noidea:

I'm not sure what you're upset about? :noidea:

I said Black and labeled Racist because that was the charge made during Bush'es Presidency and it was part of the OP (Original Post article). Actually, some folks on this Ministry actually insinuated at the time of Katrina that Bush didn't care about Katrina because kids that were the color of Dick Cheney's weren't in peril. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.74
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.84
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So what if Mr. Bush would have been 'crucified' for not showing up; does anyone think he's sitting around worrying about it? :emot-handshake:

This isn't the point, either.

It's about Obama being the Teflon president.