Believer1997

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  9

Somehow, and I could be wrong - I do not think the framers of the Constitution meant this as Free Speech.... How sad.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/30/westbo...dex.html?hpt=T2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/10/1985

That is a very sad situation. And what is this ... "Phelps anticipated that a Supreme Court ruling in the church's favor would be unpopular, but she said Westboro's members viewed the potential outcome in Biblical terms". What "Biblical terms" are they referring to? I am not sure I understand that statement. However, If i was to take sides on this it would be with the marines family. I do not believe any protester has the right to do what this "Church" was doing.

So the dead marine may have been a homosexual, but that does not give anybody the right to what did. That could have been a homo-church leader, no one has the right to disturb any grieving family regardless of the situation. I agree with Believer1997 "somehow, and I could be wrong - I do not think the framers of the Constitution meant this as Free Speech.... How sad."

Total non-sense, situational, kinda stuff like this really gets under my skin.

Your brother in Christ

Logan Durrett

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

What a bunch of freaks this Westboro Church is...but they are not stoopid.

They held a demonstration in a public area, supervised by authorites, without disrupting the funeral. Now I can't say I blame the guy for wanting to sue them, cuz I'd be pretty upset myself. But legally I don't think they did anything wrong...and if thats the case why should they have to spend $16k to defend themselves in court? When you sue somebody, you should be prepared to lose the counter-suit.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  9

They held a demonstration in a public area, supervised by authorites, without disrupting the funeral. Now I can't say I blame the guy for wanting to sue them, cuz I'd be pretty upset myself. But legally I don't think they did anything wrong...and if thats the case why should they have to spend $16k to defend themselves in court? When you sue somebody, you should be prepared to lose the counter-suit.

That is actually a good point - however, if you've ever seen one of their demonstrations at the funeral of a soldier - it is just grueling... if it were not for some of the veteran bikers who block the WBC from view of the mourners, they would be right in the middle of the funeral. What they chant and scream and the signs they carry is just beyond belief. It's just hatred - pure hatred.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

That is actually a good point - however, if you've ever seen one of their demonstrations at the funeral of a soldier - it is just grueling... if it were not for some of the veteran bikers who block the WBC from view of the mourners, they would be right in the middle of the funeral. What they chant and scream and the signs they carry is just beyond belief. It's just hatred - pure hatred.

Oh, I totally agree. I'm just not sure a lawsuit was the best decision.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

all i can say is "wow!"

and then confess the angry and hateful thoughts that came to me about these people!

;)

(try as i might to abolish them, the thoughts are still there!)

;)

Me too! I'm not one of those "God is Love and wants everyone to be happy!" Christians, but how in the world can anyone claiming to know Jesus do something like this? It is the very antithesis of loving your neighbor and showing the compassion of Christ. My heart breaks for any family subjected to this kind of disrespect! :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Maybe they are staying within legal bounds, but to do such a thing to a grieving family is just mean and heartless.

South

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is not a "church", it is a family cult, and it does more damage to Christianity than a lot of other misguided, evil, self serving, morally bankrupt, lying and sick organisations do.

We should be praying for its disbandment, and for the souls of those who are left in the wreckage.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  622
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  57,286
  • Content Per Day:  7.57
  • Days Won:  280

I don't know which thread makes me angrier, this one or the one where the kid died from an asthma attack and his teacher just let it happen.....

Some day they'll both be together and my blood pressure will shoot up and I'll just stroke out...